How Can I Become Famous

Sep 8, 2009
Nolensville,TN
alright that is some good advice but it took me bout 45 minutes to actually write the post because i didnt know what word to express what i meant.

I'm not really too interested to becoming "Famous", but i want to get a career in magic and be well known in my area. I can live with not being the biggest name in magic but if it happens, that would be great.

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
But let us not forget the whole reason Blaine IS famous. He performed with a folding quarter, cigarette through quarter, a rising deck, a balducci levitation and 2 card monte. THAT is what made him famous. His "stunts" started after that.

Be that kid at the conventions that all the other magicians talk about. "Have you seen that little kid do his strike second? It totally blows away Steve Forte." --Just as an example but you get what I mean. Be YOURSELF. Put your OWN twist on effects. Make them your own.

I don't think he/she is in to magic for all the wrong reasons, but it does seem like he/she is still new to the ideas of what magic is all about. Keep studying the fundamentals of magic and if your dream is to become the next David Copperfield than so be it. Or Sobe it, if you like that drink. I would personally say Mt. Dew it, but that doesn't really make any sense.

Someone posted earlier to make as many contacts as possible at magic conventions and I couldn't agree more. Be true to YOURSELF first. Know your limitations and always be ready to exceed them. Always practice 2 levels ahead and perform 1 level below or at just the right level, so you never lose that comfort when performing. Build a name for yourself at local diners and any other events you can get your magical hands in to. And last but not least, never EVER take advice from the ones who tell you "Give up, just focus on this or that." --because they themselves have set limitations. Just like our magic should be without limitations or boundaries, so should our dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fame isn't something you seek to achieve, it is just something that happens the more you do something, and the better you are at doing it. Fame is also not something that most people like either. It can be a hassle, and leave you with no pirvacy.

But let us not forget the whole reason Blaine IS famous. He performed with a folding quarter, cigarette through quarter, a rising deck, a balducci levitation and 2 card monte. THAT is what made him famous. His "stunts" started after that.

Be that kid at the conventions that all the other magicians talk about. "Have you seen that little kid do his strike second? It totally blows away Steve Forte." --Just as an example but you get what I mean. Be YOURSELF. Put your OWN twist on effects. Make them your own.

I don't think he/she is in to magic for all the wrong reasons, but it does seem like he/she is still new to the ideas of what magic is all about. Keep studying the fundamentals of magic and if your dream is to become the next David Copperfield than so be it. Or Sobe it, if you like that drink. I would personally say Mt. Dew it, but that doesn't really make any sense.

Someone posted earlier to make as many contacts as possible at magic conventions and I couldn't agree more. Be true to YOURSELF first. Know your limitations and always be ready to exceed them. Always practice 2 levels ahead and perform 1 level below or at just the right level, so you never lose that comfort when performing. Build a name for yourself at local diners and any other events you can get your magical hands in to. And last but not least, never EVER take advice from the ones who tell you "Give up, just focus on this or that." --because they themselves have set limitations. Just like our magic should be without limitations or boundaries, so should our dreams.
i totally agree with Mike and Draven here tho......i personally would spend every week retooling your best stuff, and on the weekends, make it your business to go to a wal mart or any high traffic shopping places and some perform some really kool effects...i personally don't wanna do any magic people have seen ANGEL or BLAINE do....but make every effect count...i guarantee, you'll be on youtube every where....remember everybody has cell phone, and cameras....today i saw this little 5 year old with an Iphone....i was like i don't have an Iphone...are you kidding me???

but seriously...wal mart and shopping places is kool perform....

i did a levitation at wal mart once and everytime i go there, i'm like a celeb.....so to speak....

Sep 8, 2009
Nolensville,TN
evryone needs to actually read what i said and not just read the title of the thread. i have been doing magic since i was 9 and im not a beginner. Im not into magic for the wrong reasons, i do magic because i love it, not for fame. i dont have to be famous to be sucessful but i think that everyone wants to be recognized or famous for whatever they do. this was really just a thought that i had and im pretty sure that all of you have had this same thought.

evryone needs to actually read what i said and not just read the title of the thread. i have been doing magic since i was 9 and im not a beginner. Im not into magic for the wrong reasons, i do magic because i love it, not for fame. i dont have to be famous to be sucessful but i think that everyone wants to be recognized or famous for whatever they do. this was really just a thought that i had and im pretty sure that all of you have had this same thought.

Don't make a blanket statement of "everybody", because everybody includes me. I read your entire post and it doesn't change my reply to you one bit.

Jul 13, 2009
A good werewolf came to a youth with the five gifts of life. Dressed much like the peasant youth, presents five cards.

"Take only one," he says in an angelic baritone voice. "But chose wisely only one of them is valuable." The werewolf flashes a welcoming smile that would draw even the meanest of strangers to smile.

The five gifts were these: Death, Riches, Fame, Love, and Pleasure.

Choosing instantly the youth grasped pleasure; focusing on the image painted onto the card he doesn't notice the creature leaving him alone.

Some years passed, and all the pleasures ended in pain. The young man said, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf made his second appearance, the four remaining gifts held in his dirty paws. The wolf's dark cloak flows, weightlessly down his arms. He presents the remaining gifts.

After some deliberation the young man reached out and grasped love.
Years passed. All those he loved eventually left him- for other places, people, to the GRAVE! A little love brought much grief. The man said to himself, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf made a third appearance, still wearing his cloak in the hot sun. The werewolf was working this time, swinging a reaper and collecting the grain. Stopping his work he presents the gifts again. After careful reflection, the man asked to receive Fame.

Years passed. His name became known and praised. Then it became envied, hated, derided and pitied. The aging man said, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf appeared a fourth time, holding both arms up to present the two remaining gifts. Cloak flowing off of his arms revealing the thin spindly arms, the aging man chose instantly, grasping riches.

More years passed. The gift helped him to amass increasingly more wealth and to buy all that could be bought. Then all of it was lost through gambling and drunkenness, the old man said, "Pleasure has brought me pain, love grief, fame shame, and riches poverty. I know now that these gifts are valueless. If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely. May death be given to me?"

The werewolf appears for a fifth time atop a black steed, reaper in hand, reigns in the other. "The gift of death is gone," voice airy and raspy. "I have given it to a needy child."

The creature steers his horse closer to the man, the air growing very cold around. The old man shudders, "What is left for me?"

Leaning over toward the old man, his own-clouded old eyes staring back at him. "Nothing.... the nothingness of Old age."

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
A good werewolf came to a youth with the five gifts of life. Dressed much like the peasant youth, presents five cards.

"Take only one," he says in an angelic baritone voice. "But chose wisely only one of them is valuable." The werewolf flashes a welcoming smile that would draw even the meanest of strangers to smile.

The five gifts were these: Death, Riches, Fame, Love, and Pleasure.

Choosing instantly the youth grasped pleasure; focusing on the image painted onto the card he doesn't notice the creature leaving him alone.

Some years passed, and all the pleasures ended in pain. The young man said, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf made his second appearance, the four remaining gifts held in his dirty paws. The wolf's dark cloak flows, weightlessly down his arms. He presents the remaining gifts.

After some deliberation the young man reached out and grasped love.
Years passed. All those he loved eventually left him- for other places, people, to the GRAVE! A little love brought much grief. The man said to himself, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf made a third appearance, still wearing his cloak in the hot sun. The werewolf was working this time, swinging a reaper and collecting the grain. Stopping his work he presents the gifts again. After careful reflection, the man asked to receive Fame.

Years passed. His name became known and praised. Then it became envied, hated, derided and pitied. The aging man said, "If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely."

The good werewolf appeared a fourth time, holding both arms up to present the two remaining gifts. Cloak flowing off of his arms revealing the thin spindly arms, the aging man chose instantly, grasping riches.

More years passed. The gift helped him to amass increasingly more wealth and to buy all that could be bought. Then all of it was lost through gambling and drunkenness, the old man said, "Pleasure has brought me pain, love grief, fame shame, and riches poverty. I know now that these gifts are valueless. If I could choose again, I would choose more wisely. May death be given to me?"

The werewolf appears for a fifth time atop a black steed, reaper in hand, reigns in the other. "The gift of death is gone," voice airy and raspy. "I have given it to a needy child."

The creature steers his horse closer to the man, the air growing very cold around. The old man shudders, "What is left for me?"

Leaning over toward the old man, his own-clouded old eyes staring back at him. "Nothing.... the nothingness of Old age."

Jake.
Your just mad cause you lost bella to a sparkly vampire.

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
ahype3000,

There is nothing wrong with wanting some fame and notoriety for being a good performer. The first step to achieving goals is clearly knowing what you want. People who say that wanting fame is bad motivation are wrong. If that's what you want, then go get it.

I was discussing this with some friends the other day, and we all agree that there is one resource that is worth it's weight in gold. If you're sure that this is what you really want than do this (immediately):
1. Get $25
2. Go to www.rudycoby.net
3. Click on the "SHOP" button
4. Scroll down to Rudy's notes titled: HOW TO BE A WORLD FAMOUS MAGICIAN
5. Buy those notes
6. Study those notes and do everything Rudy says

The information he gives is the most honest, helpful, and insightful I've ever seen on this topic.

Andrew Mayne recently read these notes and HERE is what he thinks of them.

Really, I can't recommend these notes enough.

Best of luck!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results