My Rubber Band Routine

Nov 13, 2009
Hey Guy's

I have been adding a couple of rubber band tricks to my routine and I have been trying to put a group of hard hitting rubber band effects together here's what I have so far.

Crazy mans handcuffs then broken restored rubber band followed with ring on rubber band and rubber made by Daniel Garcia then Jacob's ladder from symphony by Daniel Garcia and as a fanile I introduce a deck of cards and do Pixel.

So what do you guy's think? Are does my routine sound entertaining? Is it too long or too short? Do you guy's have a favorite rubber band effect? I have been seriously condsidering getting Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands by Paul Harris and using that as the end of my routine. Have any of you guys performed Souvenir by Paul Harris?

Thanks for the help and advice,

Christian

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Jack, he listed that (CMH) as his opener silly.

I would look into Alan Wong's Star Gazer. I use this EVERY day at some point in time and people love it. It is the effect that allows you to use the rubber band and produce a Star shaped band and let them keep it as a souvenir. It is fairly cheap.

Don't forget band up the nose as well...this gets laughs at the end.

I have some size 19 yellow brites if you are looking for any.

Sep 1, 2007
Hey Guy's

Do you guy's have a favorite rubber band effect?

Thanks for the help and advice,

Christian

Hey Christian,

Might I suggest Phantom Band 360. It is a totally impromptu band thru bill effect, no gimmicks, and can be performed in the round. Hence the "360" title.

Similar effects cannot do that.

http://www.thementalplayground.com/phantomband.html

Here is a link to a review thread, with many posts from many people giving their thoughts on it:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=202358&forum=109

And here are a few quotes from magicians who own it:

"I just got this directly from Brian, and wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm fairly new to magic, and looking for effects to base a short act on. I checked out his DVD, and I was impressed that his handling really maximizes the effect-- if you did it without the attention to detail he gives it, it could seem easy. But his handling makes the explanation seem much more elusive. His DVD spends a lot of time on presentation, and that for me is the real winner here that makes it worthwhile."

"I've just received my dvd!
Excellent!
The dvd is clear and the idea is very good.
Very well cut effect!
I'll do it very soon in my close-up act.
Congratulations to Brian Rodgers"

"Received the dvd yesterday and had a good chance to watch it. Is it worth getting, you bet it is. This is a very good band through bill and with a little practice you can have it working in no time. I give this effect a 10/10 for the price and effect. I have paid a lot more for a lot less so I was very happy with my purchase from Brian.
This a one piece of magic that you can use for years as long as you have the elastic band. Thank you Brian."

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
whats up?!
the effects on your routine sound great the only thing you should change is that you repeat a penetration effect (jabbocs ladder and crazy man hancuffs). If you show them that you can penetrate a rubber band trough another rubber band, you dont have to do it with everything you find in the room. It would be like when you hear a joke the second time isnt funny because already knew whats going to happen:p making a penetrarion and then torning and restoring a rubber band its great. Your audience wants to see you do different things like vanish and object, do a transpo, levitate. Not just vanish, vanish, vanish AND vanish. Seems boring.
Hope this helps :D

OH yea of course:O i think you could do like a vanish after a vanish if for example you take a card and vanish it and then you take a bottle or the whole deck and vanish it (just something bigger that tells people that you can vanish anything doesnt matter if it is big or small) if i was the spectator i would be like: holy ****!!! this guy is the real deal!!:O

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results