Multiple Shifts

Mar 17, 2009
Ok Guys,

Ive been playing around with a few ace assemblies recently. I only really know one very basic multiple shift, which is fine for this one trick, but its always nice to have a few different ones in your arsenal! So my question is, what are some of your favourite multiple shifts and where can i find them (books/dvds?)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Tommy

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
My current favourite is David Solomon's variation of the Simple Shift (Marlo's) described in Eugene Burger's book Solomon's Mind under "The Trick that Fooled Solomon"... Great story about Marlo and Vernon to go along with it too! There are a lot simpler and easier ones mind you, I just like the mechanics for no particular reason - just because. And it allows you to reverse the aces in the centre of the deck with ease afterwards as well. And a brilliant lesson to be learned about misdirection.

Mar 17, 2009
Much appreciated Sir i will check this out. This sort of thing is exactly what im looking for......... let me elaborate

Isnt it interesting how, like you say, this particular shift (or particular moves) appeal to different performers simply ''just because''. It would be quite easy to learn, for example, one multiple shift that was adequate for all performances which would allow us to entertain. Yet we, as magicians, are constantly trying to learn half a dozen methods to perform, what is essentially, the same move. It just goes to show that Magic is just as much for us (the conjuror) as it is for the audience. Challenging ourselves to do things in different ways in each performance. The audience wouldnt know that we have done things differently from how we would normally, but there is a certain satisfaction to be gained from having the knowledge that we have done things just a little differently, and have mastered a new sleight, even if it does only achieve the same end result as something we already know. If that makes any sense at?!

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Tommy

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Definitely. Not to plug my own thread, but I wrote up something along these lines not too long ago - check the link in my signature to the thread about selflessness - basically, magicians have to care about themselves, because we matter too. Just because... Great reason :)

Jul 14, 2008
Multiple Shift by Arthur Buckley is a great one
Vernon Shift by Dai Vernon and also can be found on Card Control by Arthur Buckley

Also, Card College 3 by Roberto Giobbi has few great multiple shifts to control the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results