The blister card revelations. Branded or Third Degree Burn

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'm looking to go for a blister revelation.

third degree burn

Any Card
You have to fiddle around in your pocket

Branded

A few cards
No fiddling on pocket, as description reads the gimmick is on the bic lighter.

I really really can't decide. Does anyone have either?

I'm just looking for another card revelation. I love doing stigmata but I like the blister route as well.

Branded is one of the greatest pocket items in magic.

I recommend it whole-heartedly. I have both. Branded eliminated the problems of fumbling in the pocket, which was the downfall to 3rd Degree. I'm sure you can find some rave reviews with a little bit of searching.

Hope this helps,
-Chase

Mar 14, 2009
Daniel Madison has a really good practical blister effect called 'Infliction' in Collateral. There's no messing around with pockets and the method is really clever.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I thought that in concept that 3rd degree was AWESOME. I've never gigged it though as it's a pretty big gimmick and does involve some fumbling. I think if you put lots of time into practicing it and got it real smooth it'd serve you well though!!

DC

Nov 19, 2008
I second the Daniel Madison Infliction comment. The gimmick is home-made and super subtle (like, Static subtle). setup is very little and it's super practical. Super cheap also, as it is only ONE effect off of that whole e-book.

Nov 30, 2009
hello

I am about to begin work on a similar project for a client of mine. From what I can tell there will be significant overlap in terms of features.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I third 'Infliction' from D's book, 'Collateral'.

As the ad states, it's "The 1st ever self-contained blister effect"...once you see the 'gimmick' behind this you'll think Daniel is a genius. It will cost you a few pennies to construct the device to accomplish the effect and it will also go by unnoticed by the spectators.

Very practical, and there is no fumbling in the pockets.

A true winner from 'Collateral'.

Mar 14, 2009
I'm glad so many people agree with me that Infliction is a great trick. The best thing is i'm sure you could prob pick up the collateral book cheaper than either third degree burn or branded.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results