Wayne Houchin Stuff

Feb 28, 2008
I have both effects and have never don't Indecent in real life. It's a very good effect, but I haven't been able to do it with that much consistency so I've never pulled it out for real people. I prefer Lee Asher's Indecent.

Distortion is a great effect that I've only done a few times and have recieved huge reactions. The few times I've done stage magic it's gotten such huge pops that I would highly reccommend it. In the close-up realm, I'm sure it would work just as well, but feel it's better suited for crowds.

Of all of Wayne's effects, I think Control is the best. It may not be visual like the other two, however, the reactions are amazing and the DVD itself is just so well put together - history, teaching, and entertainment.

I hope this helps a bit.

DISTORTION RULES!!! with that being said, i'd like to add that i've been happy with ALL of wayne houchin's products. Indecent is great too. REALLY good reactions on both. however, i would be careful with the gimmick for Distortion. my friend's got messed up real easy, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of the gimmicks will get messed up. If you have to choose one, i would go with Distortion, but that's just my opinion.;)

May 3, 2008
While they're both great, I perform Distortion more than Indecent. My two favorite Wayne Houchin effects are probably Control and Stigmata though. Control has just an amazing method, is 100% impromptu, meaning you could do it naked on the fly, and just amazes people. The only problem is that it's a bit serious of an effect. I mean, you're DIEING! It isn't the type of thing you can do in a hurry. It needs to be given the attention it deserves which is a lot.

As for Stigmata, you can have someone's initials appear on your arm, or have a thought of number appear on your arm. And it's impromptu as well. It's just amazing.

I will say one thing about Distortion, do not rely on the preview you see. I have tried before when I received the product to do it that slow and that close to the specs eyes. I am unsuccessful to this date, even though I no longer do it of course.

I'm not saying don't purchase as it is very good in theory and in practice if done correctly. Just don't expect to do it just like Mr. Houchin, I have no idea how he got it away with it but I was unsuccessful with that proximity.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
While they're both great, I perform Distortion more than Indecent. My two favorite Wayne Houchin effects are probably Control and Stigmata though. Control has just an amazing method, is 100% impromptu, meaning you could do it naked on the fly, and just amazes people. The only problem is that it's a bit serious of an effect. I mean, you're DIEING! It isn't the type of thing you can do in a hurry. It needs to be given the attention it deserves which is a lot.

As for Stigmata, you can have someone's initials appear on your arm, or have a thought of number appear on your arm. And it's impromptu as well. It's just amazing.

Same thoughts here.

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I will say one thing about Distortion, do not rely on the preview you see. I have tried before when I received the product to do it that slow and that close to the specs eyes. I am unsuccessful to this date, even though I no longer do it of course.

I'm not saying don't purchase as it is very good in theory and in practice if done correctly. Just don't expect to do it just like Mr. Houchin, I have no idea how he got it away with it but I was unsuccessful with that proximity.

Yeah I've had the same problems I find the best distance is the distance Cyril performs it at.

Nov 7, 2009
Distortion is a nice gimmick but people often see you doing 'the switch' and sometimes people open there hands and look at the card... Its good if you like gimmicks but if you dont then I wouldnt get it personally...

Indecent is a ungimmicked, no setup wounder which I sometimes ask myself why I dont perform it much. This is the better out the two although you will probally be upset with the method.

Overall if you like gimmicks get Distortion if not get Indecent although personally I would get control because that looks freaking awsome :)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Sinful looks great, but I don't see myself performing it.

I want to get Control as well, but can only pick one.

Indecent looks simple. Distortion looks amazing and good for cards. Control is sweet. I just don't know the difficulty or audience impact, but I'm mostly cards.

Ugh.

Ian

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Sinful looks great, but I don't see myself performing it.

I want to get Control as well, but can only pick one.

Indecent looks simple. Distortion looks amazing and good for cards. Control is sweet. I just don't know the difficulty or audience impact, but I'm mostly cards.

Ugh.

Ian

Sinful is actually one of my favorite effects.

You can't imagine the crazy reactions I have recieved from Sinful.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
The only Wayne Houchin effects I own are Control and Sinful.

Sinful is one of my second tier effects, it's big enough to be a first wave effect, but at a party or something I'll do a few tricks and then if the same people ask for more I'll tell them 'one more' and slam a signed quarter into a soda (or adult beverage) can.

Control is something I loooove to do, but don't find myself using it a lot (for 2 reasons). The first is, I can't follow it with anything...having my pulse stop and then coming back is just so powerful. I also don't want it to play as a trick (despite it being a trick...) and you have to have a certain atmosphere to do it in.

I like having a good crowd for it, because people often ask you to 'do it again', so the more people who saw it the better it is overall for me.

I also think it's special, you're bordering life and death and the many things that go with it. Just doing it every other time you are performing then it loses it's power. Unless you're doing it in a less serious tone (which can be fun as well).

Just my 2 cents.

Ian, I am not going to recommend Control for you. You are a cards kind of guy and showing some card stuff then making yourself dead will not play for anybody, anywhere, at anytime.

I would prefer Distortion over everything you mentioned. Indecent is okay, it's a bit to sensitive for something I would perform. However, Distortion is very cool and it's easy to manage the audience, you don't have to put in between their hands, put it in a pocket out in the open or underneath something like a foot or on the table.

Control is something that I'm sure some people may think they get killer reactions from, but they know you didn't die. They are more impressed you managed to "stop" your pulse more than anything. Control is quite a difficult thing to really pull off for a crowd.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results