The Magic of Jon Allen

Oct 11, 2007
Does anyone have this dvd and book? If so what do you feel about it? Good material? Says its great for standup or closeup magic, sounds good to me, just want another opinion. Thanks!

Jan 10, 2008
I think you are referring to The Magic of Don Allan by Jon Racherbaumer. This is a fantastic book. Don Allan's magic was of the highest caliber. This is the man that popularized Al Wheatley's Chop Cup. His presentation of the Invisible Deck is the one most copied (but not emulated) by most magician's today, next to the Eddie Fetcher presentation. Most of the effects in this book are practical, but be foretold: You will have to put in the practice that these tricks deserve. It takes some serious practice and thought to make these tricks look as good as Don Allen did.
The companion DVD is a great resource to study his audience management, how he breaks "character" to interact and have fun with the audience, and the moments in which he executes "the dirty work".
Can you tell I am a big fan of this book?
If you like this book, check out The Greater Artful Dodges of Eddie Fields by the same author. Out of all the books on magic that are in my library, Artful Dodges has to be at the top of my list.

Sincerely,
David

Jan 10, 2008
Oh boy do I feel stupid!! Are you talking about Experiencing the Magic of Jon Allen that was put out by Vanishing Inc. recently? If so that's a good book too...sorry.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results