Does not have to be in context of a routine

None of that editing b.s.

well you can put titles music and credits but nothing else

MAY THE BEST RETENTION OF VISION WIN!

Whos down to throw down?

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
5 Times?...

btw, I love the retention pass. When you get it down, it looks like real magic. It's almost always the vanish I use. I like to load it onto a spec's shoulder after a retention.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
I didn't say I was up for a battle! lol. My retention pass isn't perfect, and sometimes looks banal when executed in a hurry. Sorry, I'll have to decline! *walks off to grab some halves and practice*

welllll i already had a video of me doing a retention pass with a coin a bunch of times in a row. But i guess i could shoot another video. What objects would you want to use? I suppose a coin, something cigarette shaped (i don't smoke so i don't have any) i've never tried to get persistence of vision with a card but i guess if you want to, then like a sponge ball and a hard ball (billiard or cups and balls ball, your choice). Tell me which of these you'd like to use or if you want to add any.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
welllll i already had a video of me doing a retention pass with a coin a bunch of times in a row. But i guess i could shoot another video. What objects would you want to use? I suppose a coin, something cigarette shaped (i don't smoke so i don't have any) i've never tried to get persistence of vision with a card but i guess if you want to, then like a sponge ball and a hard ball (billiard or cups and balls ball, your choice). Tell me which of these you'd like to use or if you want to add any.

i was thinking that the performer could choose what he wanted, but i was going to use:
-a coin
-a coin (with a different retention)
-a card
-a spongeball
-a cigarette or something similarly shpaed

yeah, retention of vision with anything you want, but if you only want to use a coin that's fine.
Maximum of five retentions?

Well if we can use anything lets not put a limit on it cuzz i have a video of me just doing a bunch or retention vanishes with a coin and its more than 5. But lets say a minimum of three so we know its something that we can do consistently and not just one lucky shot out of 100 takes or something.

So the rules would be

Do at least three false tranfers with anything you want.

If you're using a card, a cigarette and a coin (for example) you only have to do one with each.

Contest to be judged on the best persistence of vision. So may whichever one that looks like it actually goes in the hand the most win!

Does that sound good?

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Well if we can use anything lets not put a limit on it cuzz i have a video of me just doing a bunch or retention vanishes with a coin and its more than 5. But lets say a minimum of three so we know its something that we can do consistently and not just one lucky shot out of 100 takes or something.

So the rules would be

Do at least three false tranfers with anything you want.

If you're using a card, a cigarette and a coin (for example) you only have to do one with each.

Contest to be judged on the best persistence of vision. So may whichever one that looks like it actually goes in the hand the most win!

Does that sound good?

sounds good.

just 1 teeny tiny little thing. subtleties with the hands after the retention or no?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results