Genesis VS XtremeBeginnerz

Apr 1, 2009
California
XB was pretty solid and all. But then Genesis was released and it changed everything. I used to never ever be able to even pull off a fan, I can now, one handed shuffle, never... until now. I can actually see potential in cardistry now after I got Genesis. You could say that this is an exaggeration, but it's true. Don't question getting it, just get it.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
This topic can definitely stir up some debate.

If possible, I would say get both. They are too different to compare in many ways.

But, they are still comparable at the same time, as contradicting as that is. I would argue for Genesis simply because it is more recent, and the production quality is much higher, and the explanations come in many forms. Plus, many of the XCM moves taught on Xtreme Beginnerz are outdated. Not all of them, like the fundamentals and such are still taught well, but the more unique ones are very old-school.

I learned from XB to begin with, but I think Genesis might have been more effective if I started out with that. I'm only 2 years into flourishing though.

Anyways, both if you can, but if you can only afford one, Genesis would be my honest suggestion.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I just got it recently and yeah its fun, the explaining is great. And i have still not finished the entire dvd, 2 hours in and i can pull of some great looking moves.

Get Genesis.

Jun 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I am no fanboy, but genesis puts xb to shame. If you are truly new to flourishing, then andrei had you taken care of. His explanations and demonstrations are second to none. I found myself relearning a lot of things and picking up speed and fluidity. If I could do it over, I would have started with this to save weeks of fumbling around with shoddy technique when I was starting.

Just remember that he is left handed, so you'll want to reverse what he's doing if you're not. it's not really a big deal, but something to keep in mind. Best of luck in your start in flourishing. Just remember to be patient and that many of these things just take a lot of time regardless of the instruction.

Jul 14, 2008
Personally, I think XB is not worth in my opinion, but it really depends on what style of cardistry you want. Andrei Jikh's Genesis seems a great dvd if you want to focus on cardistry. On the other hand, if you want your style to be more Handlordz, then XB is a great way to go.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Actually, fanning is something I've always wanted to do but never been able to remotely pull off. So I got Xtreme beginners because of the workshop... didn't help me and my hand size. It wasn't until Genesis that I could pull off a half way decent fan... and it only took him... less than 10 minutes to explain.

May 9, 2008
I've watched the fanning workshop in XB about 10-15 times and I still couldn't figure out the pressure fan.

I watched Genesis and it was much easier to learn.

Oct 19, 2009
oh yes, because obviously fanning is everything in cardistry.

its an important and fundemental aspect of flourishing

i didnt buy Genesis, but i do have XB, id say the fanning work shop would be great if they cut a lot of the useless talking.

I saw some clips from Genesis tho, Andrei has a unique/strange looking thumb fan because of the way he pivots

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
its an important and fundemental aspect of flourishing

i didnt buy Genesis, but i do have XB, id say the fanning work shop would be great if they cut a lot of the useless talking.

I saw some clips from Genesis tho, Andrei has a unique/strange looking thumb fan because of the way he pivots

i didn't say it was. Anyway, Andrei can form standard thumb fans as well, but I guess he just prefers the unconventional pivot point.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
They are both really really good. I prefer XB for the fanning section, but I think that the instruction on Genesis is the best I've ever seen.

If it's a question over buying one over the other, get both- you can learn invaluble tips on both and you can learn different way to do a certain move.

Sep 6, 2009
*Genesis speaking to XB*
"You complete me"

Seriously, get both. XB is to prepare you for practical performance and Genesis is to get the basics moves down

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results