Impromptu Mentalism

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
Hi, I'm looking for some impromtu mentalism or mentalism that really has an organic feel to it.

Can you help me out, maybe name some books or DVD's?

Thanks,
Gianni.

Well nearly all mentalism should seem impromptu, except for some of the larger props.

If you want things that require nothing more than some paper and pen, then some things I recommend.

Switchcraft- Billet Switches and it's constantly updated.
Technique- Matthew Mello
Perfected Centre Tear- Richard Osterlind

Now some things that I would recommend that aren't necessarily impromptu but have that feel are,

Super Sharpie- Actually has the gimmick secured inside, so carrying two things in one.
Boris Wild's Marked Deck- I don't use to many cards but one effect I do use requries this.
Richard Osterlinds Stacked Deck- I can't remember the name right now, but his stacked deck is truly one of the best.

Well nearly all mentalism should seem impromptu, except for some of the larger props.

If you want things that require nothing more than some paper and pen, then some things I recommend.

Switchcraft- Billet Switches and it's constantly updated.
Technique- Matthew Mello
Perfected Centre Tear- Richard Osterlind

Now some things that I would recommend that aren't necessarily impromptu but have that feel are,

Super Sharpie- Actually has the gimmick secured inside, so carrying two things in one.
Boris Wild's Marked Deck- I don't use to many cards but one effect I do use requries this.
Richard Osterlinds Stacked Deck- I can't remember the name right now, but his stacked deck is truly one of the best.

Pssst, Psychological Subtleties 3.....
Nice stuff in there that some stuff don't need props at all.

Other than that Paul Brook has some nice stuff, actually most good mentalism is gimmick free if you want and totally go anywhere and do effects are also out there at hands reach. Some nice stuff already said by Sherlock and Dee.
Needless to say, Dee (Christopher) has some insane impromptu stuff of his own, props mate!

Mikk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I agree with what has already been said.

I feel that mentalism should feel impromptu. What are you exactly after? As in what do you want to preform, metal bending, book tests etc.

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
I agree with what has already been said.

I feel that mentalism should feel impromptu. What are you exactly after? As in what do you want to preform, metal bending, book tests etc.

mind reading and efffects where you place 5 objecs on a table they select one and you are able to tell witch to choose.

thanks fore your help everyone.

PATEO!

Get Joshua Jay's book. Magic: The Complete Course.

Lay out however many objects you wish, they freely eliminate which ones they want to, and then CHA-POW you knew it all along.

Hope this helps,
-Chase

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
PATEO force is a great tool into learning how to properly sell equivoque.

Looch's DVD Your Thoughts are Mine is very good and has a few different ideas on fairly simple principles and presentations.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results