Pixie Palm

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
Hi guys and gals

For the last couple of years I have been working on a center palming technique that I have named the Pixie Palm. Finally I feel it is ready to be shared with this community to a number of members. I am looking for between 5 - 10 people that are generally interested in taking a peek down the rabbit hole, experimenting, providing any feedback and possibly a review. Out of everything that I have discovered and played with this is definatly one of my favourites.

Also at this moment in time I have decided not to supply any video as I want to see if my words are clear enough for you to follow.

Send me a PM with your e-mail or e-mail me at flyinggazelle@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you for your time

Ola

Jul 10, 2009
Lillestrøm, Oslo, Norway
This is very nice!
I like it a lot, tried it.. two times now, and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
very nice moves, and very readable explanation as well.

Liked the break you used a lot, very invisible.

Sep 1, 2007
This is probably nothing new. I specialize in palming with cards. I would check a few sources first. Mainly:

Ernest Earick's Broadside Center Steal in his book By Forces Unseen, page 55.

Jose Hernandez's So Pretty in Apocalypse Vol. 16-20, page 2377.

Patrick Cook's Gambler's Palming System in Apocalypse Vol. 16-20, page 2440.

Karl Fulves' The Direct Cop in his book Riffle Shuffle Technique - Preliminary Notes on Part Two, page 86.

Larry Jennings' L.J. Angle Steal in his book Up In Smoke, page 4.

Ed Marlo's Second Application in Marlo's Magazine, Volume 5, page 172.

Jim Patton's The Patton Free-Turn Side Steal in his book Ultra Cervon, page 136.

Ed Marlo's The Insertion Steals in his book Side Steal, page 40.

Shall I keep going?

Aug 18, 2008
This is probably nothing new. I specialize in palming with cards. I would check a few sources first. Mainly:

Ernest Earick's Broadside Center Steal in his book By Forces Unseen, page 55.

Jose Hernandez's So Pretty in Apocalypse Vol. 16-20, page 2377.

Patrick Cook's Gambler's Palming System in Apocalypse Vol. 16-20, page 2440.

Karl Fulves' The Direct Cop in his book Riffle Shuffle Technique - Preliminary Notes on Part Two, page 86.

Larry Jennings' L.J. Angle Steal in his book Up In Smoke, page 4.

Ed Marlo's Second Application in Marlo's Magazine, Volume 5, page 172.

Jim Patton's The Patton Free-Turn Side Steal in his book Ultra Cervon, page 136.

Ed Marlo's The Insertion Steals in his book Side Steal, page 40.

Shall I keep going?

So because there are many palms that have been published, this cant be something new? Especially since you know nothing about it and havnt seen it, keep your pointless knowledge to yourself.

Sep 1, 2007
It certainly could be something new. However, I have a feeling that it is not and that no research has been done. Thus, it should not be claimed as "new."

Jan 10, 2008
Wow!!! I just finished practicing this move of yours, and it is really something! If this palm has not been put out elsewhere, I would seriously consider marketing a pdf or instant download of this! Seriously! The only thing that I have seen close to this is Marlo's Misdirection Action Palm. But you're palm and his are two different animals, but have about the same feel.
Great work, and the PDF was wonderfully colorful and very well put together! I loved how you even went over the angle issues.
I do have a couple questions for you though. Firstly, what inspired you to create this palm? Secondly, how long have you been using it?
If it's ok with you, would you mind if I sent a copy of the pdf you sent me to my friend Steve Reynolds? He is a very knowledgeable card man and I am sure he would be glad to give me some feedback on your move, and see if he knows anything similar that has been published before.

Cheers,
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
Hi everyone thank you for so much interest and help regarding this. Supernaturalalone thank you for that list of possible resources I will definatly take a peek at those to broaden my knowlege of this palm and other palms. I had a huge problem trying to find history regarding this. Me, Chris lafferty, Micheal Murrey and my friend Kenny Roberts tried to find any history but it didn't pan out and find original pioneers for this which was annoying. I am positive that this isn't fully new but I haven't seen anything else that gives the same retention of vision.

Now industrialchild I first discovered this in my first year of magic. I learnt this before any other palms. I didn't like the idea of controling a card then palming, I felt that too many actions would attract too much attention so I tried to eliminate individual elements. I also wanted something that would distract the eyes so I would be able to palm with less heat. This is way before I knew of DPS and side steals. I have been working on this technique for about 2 years.

Also I would be honoured if you sent this on to steve reynolds any help would be appriciated!

Thanks for everyones help so far

Matt

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
The Palm is a great idea dude!

I love how you get into it before you palm it. The initial "Palming" sequence reminds me of something from the Paper Engine so you might want to check that out but still the way of getting into it is pure awesome.

Tom

Sep 1, 2007
Flyinggazelle, I really do hope this is something new. From everyone's reaction it seems great. I am glad to hear that you are checking the history though. We do stand on the shoulders of giants. Best of luck to you!

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
I will send you a PM with my review soon. This is a very interesting move and as far as I know a novel one. I think this could work as a good misdirection palm in some situations.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results