Question

Dec 26, 2007
I have a question for the members of this forum. I have noticed that a lot of people comment that artists such as Aaron Fisher, Lee Asher, Wayne Houchin, the Buck twins, and others have "left" theory 11. My first question is does it matter? Do you prefer to buy their magic here instead of E or their personal sites? Does it change your opinion of the Artist? Does it change your opinion of Theory 11?

Dec 26, 2007
Hmm I would assume it was to get exposure to other audiences outside of Theory11. Theory is a great company they can sell thousands of units of a product so I am sure that the artists are just wanting to expose themselves to new audiences.

Apr 1, 2009
California
If I like an artist, I honestly don't care where their stuff is sold. I try to avoid politics. a good effect is a good effect, no matter where it comes from.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
If I like an artist, I honestly don't care where their stuff is sold. I try to avoid politics. a good effect is a good effect, no matter where it comes from.

My sentiments exactly. I have to say, I was over at E for a while, and that's something they very ignorantly went against. Glad T11 is different. I totally agree.

Ian

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I didn't realize we were debating whether or not an effect was good depending on where it came from. I was under the impression that we were debating the ethics of purchasing said effect. :rolleyes:

I have a certain look to this, many of you probably disagree.

We have a thing, here...umm, im not sure what its called in English(all foreign people here probably know the word Language Barrier, got to hate it), anyway i think the US has Liberals as one. So thats what im talking about(reffering to politics which is actually i think forbidden here but oh well) in the next few sentences, anyways we have that thing here and its called "Keskerakond"(not that its relevant)but they just take money from everywhere they can and stuff their pants with it and then say that we are going through though times.

Now one of their members put out a nice CD with old TV show songs, songs that mean something to us, but sadly he belongs to that group and by buying the CD i actually give money straight to them. I don't want that because they are pests so i don't buy the album. And that compares to this, if i hate Theory11, Dan or Dave Buck, Ellusionist, Papercrane etc.(not that i hate any of them, bringing out examples!) then i would not buy from them since i have a problem with their go abouts in the field. The good thing about magic is that i don't have to buy it from them but generally i wouldnt buy it at all since it still holds some pocketmoney for the creator.

So the bottom line is, if i love the work that the guy does, "Support Needed" "Affirmative" *sends loads of cash to him* but if i dislike the guy "Support Needed" "Bombs away!"

Mikk.

I really don't care. I'm not a fanboy of any of them. I would consider myself a peer, in some cases a friend or co-performer/colleague. If they produce a product that I think would be either nice to own or a valuable addition to my library, or act then I'll purchase it. Regardless of who they are signed to. I'd do this just as quick as I would if I decided to not purchase their product. Again, label doesn't mean anything to me.

Now independent of the artists, I have my loyalties to certain magic companies. I like X company better than I like Y company, but that usually is because of product, customer service, or availability. Not because X name is producing for them.

What ever they do, to what ever length they go to pursue their own success, I wish them the best.

I just don't get caught up in the drama of So-and-So left X magic company and is now producing for Y company. To me, it's really not that big of a deal. It's just business.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Let them leave. We don't need them. Theory11 has brought aboard better artists! All these 1-on-1 guys are amazing.

I sincerely hope you're not being serious.

On topic,
The website shouldn't matter, neither should the artist. Hell, if there was a new effect out that I liked the look of, produced by Val Valentino, I'd probably buy it.

D

Deleted member 2755

I really don't care. I find it funny, sad, and stupid any time I see a thread like "T11 or E?" They pop up all the time, and they usually almost always get locked because people are fanboys and get offended when someone says one company is better than the other. Personally, I don't care. I really don't. I also don't care who leaves and goes with what company.

The reality is, most artists are probably thinking about which company is going to give them the most money. That's why they are releasing the effect, right?

If the effect is good, I'll get it. I'm a T11 moderator, and I've purchased from Ellusionist, Penguin, and Papercrane. Please, somebody shoot me. I've sinned.

-Doug

Oct 2, 2007
I sincerely hope you're not being serious.

Yes, I am being very serious. My friends and I think either these whiny artists are with us, or against us.

Why do we need those professionals when we have John Bayme and these amazing 1-on-1 artists? Personally, they give us all we need to be successful in the real world.

Less whiny artists and more one-on-ones!!!

Just my two cents. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, I am being very serious. My friends and I think either these whiny artists are with us, or against us.

Why do we need those professionals when we have John Bayme and these amazing 1-on-1 artists? Personally, they give us all we need to be successful in the real world.

I don't even know what to say.

either these whiny artists are with us, or against us.
Here's the problem attitude in the magic community today.

This attitude develops factions. These factions clash, and a progressive atmospere dissolves into nothing. (another example that stems from politics)

I'll say this bluntly and honestly: There is no "for us or against us."

"Us" modifies "magicians." If you are a magician, you are part of "us." We need to all learn this. If you try to force side-taking upon others in the magic community, you are the one that is "against us." No magician should disrespect another. It is the problem of the world, and the problem on so many of our communities.

Now I believe you have a little bit of growing up to do. If not, you may take your faction of "friends" who share your belief and not pollute progressive environments.

[/rant]

All the best,
-Chase

Consider this a Tripled facepalm now...

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS

Absurd. Thinking like this only limts yourself. Triple Facepalm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results