Last post for a long time

This is certainly not a goodbye thread, but in two days I will be in Great Lakes, IL going through Recruit Training a.k.a Boot Camp.

So I decided to make my last post for a few months and possibly longer, to be short and sweet.

Do not let anybody make you think that you don't deserve what you want. From some movie I can't remember.

All the criticism everybody here gives you is for your benefit, rarely do some of us talk down to anybody. If they do then ignore them until they cool down and actually give some helpful advice. We just hate to see people make the same mistakes after reading helpful advice, then wonder why everybody treats their routines like a 4 year old doing a math trick.

Listen to everybody, take only what is necessary. Best of Luck to everybody, hope your next couple of months aren't as crappy as mine will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
This is certainly not a goodbye thread, but in two days I will be in Great Lakes, IL going through Recruit Training a.k.a Boot Camp.

So I decided to make my last post for a few months and possibly longer, to be short and sweet.

Do not let anybody make you think that you don't deserve what you want. From some movie I can't remember.

All the criticism everybody here gives you is for your benefit, rarely do some of us talk down to anybody. If they do then ignore them until they cool down and actually give some helpful advice. We just hate to see people make the same mistakes after reading helpful advice, then wonder why everybody treats their routines like a 4 year old doing a math trick.

Listen to everybody, take only what is necessary. Best of Luck to everybody, hope your next couple of months aren't as crappy as mine will be.

Best of luck to you, RESPECT right their.

Seriously this is some of the best news to grace the forum.

Jan 10, 2008
God bless you, Sherlock. Your post was very insightful and eye-opening and I hope that a lot of these forum members will take the time to read it.

Sincerely,
David

Much respect to everybody here. Glad to have talked with you Mr. Hankins, good to see someone's work published here actually take the time to post.

Unfortunately I won't be here to see your next release, but I'll be sure to look for it when I get back. Also, what was your MLS if you don't mind me asking.

Mar 29, 2008
You will be missed - be safe, keep in touch - don't let your magic get soft when life gets hard. Good luck bro!

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
i thought paris island was the womens bootcamp?

Well that IS where all the women go for boot camp. But no, Parris Island was my home for 3 months. (Worst 3 months of my life...) lol.

And by MLS I assume you meant my MOS? I started off as an MP, guarding the gates. Soon after, I moved up to Accident Investigator. (I was pretty much a trooper for the Marines...radar running and investigating accidents. Then I did a tour in Iraq. After I got back, I moved to Criminal Investigations. (Like FBI for the Marine Corps).

Believe it or not, when I got out in 2006, I was going to be a police officer. But due to various things that went on in my life, I didn't. I am glad I didn't do it either...because it gave me more time to focus on my magic.

I got recalled in 2008 and was quickly sent home due to the discovery of a tumor that was in my throat. (Happened from a blast I was involved with in Iraq...basically a piece of shrapnel got lodged in my throat and I didn't know about it for the longest time. Became a cyst and then hardened into a tumor.)

So here I am now... :) lol...

Mike

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results