The Bored Thread

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
This is the official bored thread.

This basically means, when the forums are mostly dead and you still wanna talk, you can post here and call other people to your attention. You can arrange a Tinychat, talk about the latest Lee Asher release or question if buying cards from that shady gas station is really worth it.

Or if you're just bored and need to announce it, post here.

So, mods, don't take this down. I think this could spark some magical creativity.

First, to get the boredom out, anyone like Stingers more than Smoke and Mirrors? I'm not too sure myself - they are both luxury decks indeed. Ideas?

Feel free to change the subject at will.

Ian

Jun 14, 2008
I'm bored too :)

Don't have either deck, but I would love to know if anyone has tried combining magic with something else in a video.

I don't mean like, music or patter (nothing against either), but maybe some poetry or something.

I've been trying to figure out a way of enhancing the appeal of magic, using more "unconventional" means...

Any other thoughts on this, or am I just crazy... ;)

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
This seems more of a "random discussion" thread than anything else. I'll keep it open, so long as the conversation continues to relate to magic.

Otherwise, there isn't much need for it. ;)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
This seems more of a "random discussion" thread than anything else. I'll keep it open, so long as the conversation continues to relate to magic.

Otherwise, there isn't much need for it. ;)

I thought it would be a good opportunity to post one's thoughts on a variety of subjects. I know, for me, when the forums are dead and I want to talk about something, or am just bored and would like to discuss magic in general, I don't want to start a whole new thread. Especially if it's something trivial, in which case it might be closed. Correct me if I'm wrong. ;)

And Shisaki, I believe that is to make them easier to pick up.

Ian

Sep 20, 2009
Reminds me i got to get some more Smoke and Mirrors and Split Spades..

i just picked up a couple packs of Tally-Ho's

Dec 29, 2008
Colorado
Nice thread. Great way to kill a few minutes of office boredom. :D

For the playing cards, my fiance (not sure on that spelling) got me a half a brick of Bee Stingers, Some Tally-Hos, Regular Bees, and Split Spades. What is my fav...not sure yet, they are all awsome cards. I really like the look and feel of the Singers.

On the three card monte...my two cents...the bend is a personal preference. I prefer the slight bend in the middle for ease of picking up the cards, and to do the bent corner scam/hype.

Pudding is always a great topic. And dose anybody have a good line for card to fly? I like to use it in an ACR a few productions in and use something like..."Oh, I forgot to do my opening?

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Okay dude, this is not okay. Fan backs are much better!
Who wants a circle on theyr card, damn....

@demon Dude, thats cool. Should make one too, would look cool if it were on my leg positioned with a nail. Anyway, you will get the next one, hopefully!

Mikk.

Fan backs look like a bicycle died and its family splattered the remnants of it on a card. Ew.

Ian

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
This is the official bored thread.

This basically means, when the forums are mostly dead and you still wanna talk, you can post here and call other people to your attention. You can arrange a Tinychat, talk about the latest Lee Asher release or question if buying cards from that shady gas station is really worth it.

Or if you're just bored and need to announce it, post here.

So, mods, don't take this down. I think this could spark some magical creativity.

First, to get the boredom out, anyone like Stingers more than Smoke and Mirrors? I'm not too sure myself - they are both luxury decks indeed. Ideas?

Feel free to change the subject at will.

Ian

Lol spark some magical creativity and you start the discussion with a comparison between brand name cards. Oh that beith rich.

Dec 18, 2009
While we're on random magic discussion...what are your guys' theories on Erdnase...by that I mean about his identity I'm siding with the E.S. Andrews idea. As for the stinger/Smoke and Mirror discussion I personally prefer the feel and style of the S and M's...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results