De'vo and Cardistry

Just as a note, dont turn this into a fight so we can kep this thread up.

I used to be a big supporter of the HL community because XCM is what got me started in "non magical card manipulation". I do haverespect for all the guys like Khahle, BigDaddyKane, Black Ninja, Max V. and jerry C. All the guys who dont start crap all the time and just have crazy skills. Its guys like Armond and De' who are always trying to be better than everyone else and they really arent. I think its crazy how they spread so much crap about andrei and richard. If De' really has a son who creates all these "concepts" why dont we see any vieos? Because De' is a liar and a fraud.

here is BNX posting about De':

http://unitedcardists.net/uc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=889&p=12710#p12710

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Haha, I just can't believe some of this stuff:

Even though all of this factual information was brought to light, Richard was already too far into marketing his term to disrespect De’vo. He ignored the fact that the term “Cardistry” was already a published and well known copyrighted term in magic. De’vo and the term XCM was used heavily on one of the most popular magic sites in the world – Ellusionist.com owned by Brad Christian which De’vo had many exclusive contracts with. A kid by the name of Jonathan Bayme was promoted to president of the company who at the time allegedly had a relationship with owner Brad Christian. Eventually there was a huge dispute which made Jonathan leave to form a rival company called Theory11.com. Theory11 and its founder Jonathan Bayme also ignored the truth about the true meaning of the term Cardistry.

Theory11’s Jonathan Bayme took many of Ellusionist’s artists with him to take them down and since De’vo was an exclusive artist at Ellusionist, he became a target as well. Jonathon got in contact with people that were against De’vo and they worked a deal with Decknique’s owner Richard who sold all of his flourish videos to Theory11. Upon signing the contract, Richard and Jonathan formed an agreement where they would only use the term “Cardistry” to describe the flourishes in the videos. They did this to combat the “flourish” section of Ellusionist which was held down by De’vo vom Schattenreich. Many of Decknique.net’s members were furious that all their copyrighted videos got sold to Theory11 and that they were using the term “Cardistry” instead of the actual art form name – Xtreme Card Manipulation. De’vo tried his best to get in contact with Jonathan multiple times but Jonathan never replied back to De’vo on this matter.

I love drama, and even funnier is that we are talking about juggling cards :). just grab a deck everyone and flourish with it. :cool:

Sep 1, 2007
Bottom line is their sitting there with their thumbs up their asses making blog posts insulting guys like Andrei and Alejandro, and Andrei and Alejandro are pushing the art with DVDs, Videos for Laymen, TV appearences, all sorts of good stuff. Let them sit in their mothers basement making long diatribes about **** that doesn't really matter. Their jealous that guys like Dimitri and Ambrose and whoever aren't on their forums and arent feeding into their bull****.

Sep 1, 2007
Their jealous that guys like Dimitri and Ambrose and whoever aren't on their forums and arent feeding into their bull****.

And we have reached the nadir of discussion. It's all one big cluster**** from here on out.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in people making fun of the drama De'vo surrounds himself with while they themselves perpetuate it by using the arguments and tactics of a 12-year-old girl trying to convince people that Twilight doesn't suck?

I'm currently taking bets on the moment where someone says Andrei isn't the ****ing messiah, prompting Andrei himself to come in and close the thread while spouting faux-humble platitudes. My estimate is second page. Any takers?

Dec 25, 2008
Malaysia
I dont give a **** about this. Pick up your deck and do it. Whos gonna care which side wins the war. After all its just doing the same thing =)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I'm currently taking bets on the moment where someone says Andrei isn't the ****ing messiah, prompting Andrei himself to come in and close the thread while spouting faux-humble platitudes. My estimate is second page. Any takers?

I'll give it 3 pages until either Andrei or Raiker close it :)

Sep 1, 2007
Steerpike-Your a douche nozzle. I'm sure if you heard all the stuff De'vo said about Ellusionist you'd change your opinion.

Sep 1, 2007
I'll give it 3 pages until either Andrei or Raiker close it :)

You're on.

Steerpike-Your a douche nozzle. I'm sure if you heard all the stuff De'vo said about Ellusionist you'd change your opinion.

Not really, because the only side I'm on is my own. You jackals are free to tear each other's throats out but I'd much rather be the guy selling weapons to one side and life insurance policies to the other.

Anyway, in your case I was pointing out that when you start using the, "You're just jealous," argument, you've officially chewed through the bottom of the barrel and are now tunneling under it.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
a 12-year-old girl trying to convince people that Twilight doesn't suck?
s?

Hey now,twilight doesnt suck..its very...interesting and smart reading..so what if meyer over uses the word "russet"..

Anyways,holy shiz. They are still on about this? These people are like high school girls who cant get over an insignificant "fight". Its sickening.
Whichever of these people keeps crying about this rivalry needs to grow a pair and move on. Jesus christ.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
Andrei and Richard are awesome. De'vo Sucks

I don't think you can deny De'vo's skill at all- he is one of the best at what he does.
My problem is with his attitude to the term "Cardistry" and to anyone who doesn't do it his way. This attitude rubs off on many of the Handlordz members and is really something the world could do without.

-Ben

Oct 19, 2009
i always wanted to write sh1tty extended research essays on blogs too, but whos got the time like these guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results