How does it relate?

Dec 24, 2009
I think this will be my last post on this as I am just sort of fed up with your lack of understanding the post and not reading through it thoroughly. I don't need to make a note of something if I don't imply it, there you go end of that.

I may be writing in full caps at the end of the post so you will actually read every little thing I write. I specifically talked about why the time machine plot was bad, it's overused and poorly done now. You are not Cyril or Ammar neither is anybody else on these forums, so don't compare any of us to them as I certainly don't have the skill of either of them.

I had an ACR routine for 4 years and I still believe it's a good routine with plenty of possibilities but so many people abuse this easy but effective plot. I have no use for a ACR as I have evolved and now use other card effects.

How is what I said wrong? Really it's not true at all? I'm sure it's not true all the time but I never implied it, I never said they won't care EVER if it doesn't relate. It's true most of the time though, if you disagree with that then talk to me when your old enough to drink. Your views will change just as mine did over several years.

Don't contradict yourself here, I never noted any other presentation or any other factors so why bring them up. Never agreed or disagreed so why should you say I don't agree with it? There is so much more to presentation here, but if I did talk about all of it in depth then there would be seven pages of me rambling here.

I am almost ready to go off on you and your just complete ignorance but your young so w/e. Next time you write don't try to analyze things that aren't written, because my point was not to include them. I mean you analyzed more about what I didn't write instead of what I did write.

Thank you for your non contributions to the post, if anybody actually listens to your advice then let them wallow with their horrible patter that will make people be nasty towards you. When you get a Cool, Neat Trick reaction kiddies because you didn't use the simplest and easiest form of presentation then come back and read the original post.

Also, this is my last post concerning this. I'm leaving for military basic training tomorrow. I don't need to respond to your useless posts telling people that relations are apparently useless. I know you never said that but hey you didn't not say it so I'll just assume something like you've been doing this entire time.

Sciffy you are making an ass of your self. For the love of Derren Brown....

I know this might seem like an attack from me but just hear me out(or read me out, which you prefer). A performance should be memorable, and nothing more. You have to connect to your audience in a very high level using rapport, character, perhaps mirroring, jokes, quotes, life stories etc.

People do not, and don't want to get a serious fact. YOU are not alone on the stage, you have people who devote their time to you and want to see stuff and RELATE to it.
If an audience can tie themselves to a story or an effect then they will be more drawn to see what happens. I love Max Maven's type of performing, the guy just slams different stories, quotes and what not at the audience. Usually every one of them is the opposite of the other to satisfy a large portion of the audience.

Ill give you and example of what is STUPID: "I want you to look closely, as i push down the lever of my imaginary watch then time starts to skip and we all fall into a wormhole that makes your card reappear back on top...". Now wtf!?
I am a guy who drives to make everything logical and real, this is pure delusion.

Firstly you have an imaginary watch, which makes time go by so fast that you get in a wormhole that brings you back, in theory this is possible only the clock should be real. But noone will believe that, it resembles a line from a children's book.

A more better line would be this: "You know the feeling you have when you have just argued with someone and you get home and start to think about it? You know, start to digest it and eventually end up at the state where you wish you could turn the time back and at some rare cases you get the chance to do just that, look, it just happened...".
Now this people can relate to, all of us have gone into a fight with someone and we know the feeling of wanting to go back. The story ties in with the about to happen, and actually rather than focusing on your tight moves and the cool shades you have on since you think your cool, it makes the person think about something, better yet if you are in america chances are someone will have a recent memory of that even better had a fight that hasnt been resolved. This will deffenently change the way people think about the situation and gives them the memory that sometimes a mear sorry and re talk with a calm attitude can make things good almost like going back in time.

As for Blane, Copperfield and Criss.

Criss: Ego maniac who has built himself up with buying off actors and laymen. Scidoff actually mentioned he has a lot of fame and laymen love him. There is a reason, what he does is IMPOSSIBLE!

Copperfield: Copperfield is an identity people don't expect big talk from him. And he has theatrics, a thing a lot of us don't understand. For more indepth info go and read Theatrics|Essay and Theatrics|Article.

Blane: Has a very very hard hitting and very thought through persona/character. You are bringing up a man who actually kinda made Street magic, i mean a lot of current street magicians go and perform like him(failing hard).

Mikk.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I get what youre all saying and I blame the way Mr. Jane wrote his article. He attempted to show how to create a better presentation yet he failed to do so properly. He only showed one element of it and nothing else. He only showed one method and that was it. He failed to tell or acknowledge any other way. He may not disagree with it, but he certainly did not tell anyone else about it. Hypothetically a newbie came across and read this. Would he think to himself about the other ways to create a good presentation or would he just follow what this says? He would go ahead and follow this word word (considering he thinks its correct). I never dismissed charisma and persona and everything else that makes up a presentation, I just noted that Mr.Jane fails to acknowledge it.

As a side note to Mr. Jane: How old do you think I am? Give me an exact age. and what you doing in military training if youre a magician? Just wondering

Dec 24, 2009
If a newbie found this and used it then he would in time find more out of this than many other types of presentation. It's easy and simple to mold a presentation around this concept.

I understand where you are coming from, however the lack of acknowledgement is because there is to much for me to talk about. I would just confuse anybody that was seeking help here, as it seems to have confused you or something else.

I am going into the military for a few reasons, many are just little things but I have grown tired of being a full time magician. I plan on making my way hopefully through several types of jobs, I have no real need for several expenses. EOD, electrician, hypnotherapist, and hopefully some sort of degree in psychology. I get tired of things fairly quickly, I am a difficult one to please so the Navy is just a small step in a different chapter.

Hope that answered your question. Also, I believe you to be 15 possibly 16 at the most but that is of course a rough estimate. I can usually find out the age of most americans but different cultures are quite difficult.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results