Sacrifices

The persuit of a dream. Entertainment. To entertain. The thrill of the ovation, the rush of taking the stage, the challenge of pushing yourself harder, faster, stronger, longer. The constant re-inventing of yourself, the marketing of your act, the never ending cycle of proving yourself and testing your metal. It's this thing we call show business, and we're all fighting for our own slice of that pie.

So the question to you is, what have you had to sacrafice to chase your dream? What are you willing to sacrafice?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
The persuit of a dream. Entertainment. To entertain. The thrill of the ovation, the rush of taking the stage, the challenge of pushing yourself harder, faster, stronger, longer. The constant re-inventing of yourself, the marketing of your act, the never ending cycle of proving yourself and testing your metal. It's this thing we call show business, and we're all fighting for our own slice of that pie.

So the question to you is, what have you had to sacrafice to chase your dream? What are you willing to sacrafice?

Since the majority of us here being hobbyist,I doubt you'll get something worthy of being called sacrifice.
Save for school.

I have almost devoted all of my current thinking into this. Heck getting into magic was the best thing ever. It helped me overcome my anger problems and helps me meet people and socialize with people.

I have sacrificed my time, money, nerves and a lot more of little things that add up to a lot. I gave up my old self and am now a better person for it.

Mikk.

Jul 13, 2009

I am in the process of sacraficing my blooooood. No seriously, I am sacraficing one dream for another. I really wanted to be a professional magician, but do to the current times and eco. I have made the choice to almost cut away all of my magic stuff and focus on getting my degree. I really want to become a world class Architect and feel that it may pay better down the line.

Now that I think about it, it's not really a sacrafice but a banishment from my world for the time being.
Who is to say later on down the line when/if I retire I won't get back into magic and become a professional performer?

Oh another Sacrafice I made toward magic, paying my tuition in full *Head desks* I could of got some reading material :p *everything past head desk is sarcasm.*

Jul 13, 2009
If you love something, is there really a sacrafice?

Yes yes there are. What is this Hollywood? Chasing your dreams you still make sacrafices. You want to be a world class alaskan crab fishermen, your wife doesn't want you to do that and threatens to leave you and take full custody of children. If you really love crab fishing. Are you not faced with great sacrafice; The choice between the thing you love and the people you love?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Yes yes there are. What is this Hollywood? Chasing your dreams you still make sacrafices. You want to be a world class alaskan crab fishermen, your wife doesn't want you to do that and threatens to leave you and take full custody of children. If you really love crab fishing. Are you not faced with great sacrafice; The choice between the thing you love and the people you love?

I doubt thats the situation for over half the kids here.
For these magicians, or at least him,the sacrifices they know are hardly sacrifices at all.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time

Next on Deadliest Catch!

Dec 24, 2009
Very few of us will ever know a true sacrifice, you don't sacrifice your time you use it to learn and practice.

I have sacrificed nothing in terms of notability, maybe any sort of real relationship but at my age I could care less right now.

The sacrifices you make is something you lose in order to gain in a different field. Ex. The Prestige, those are real sacrifices, not the trivial things like money.

Jul 13, 2009
those are real sacrifices, not the trivial things like money.

:confused:Money is far from trivial, well unless your free riding and not legally independent.
But I digress the original question was what are you willing to sacrafice in order to achieve your dreams, how far will you go?

To sum up what I said previously I would sacrafice one dream for the more favorable.

Edit:

On another note, you'd put a relationship over money? You need money to maintain a relationship.

Edit plus:

I just realized that what is a sacrafice to one person may not seem like one to another, really there is no point in debating just state your point if you want to then move on as I am right now after this last period.

Dec 24, 2009
Money matters when your in college like yourself I believe, and when you are in debt. Things that I don't allow myself to go through, I choose the "smarter" route in terms of money.

The reason I am doing the Navy is simply because I don't want a ton of student loans adding up. Ill have plenty of money, job experience, money for college things that are easy to achieve if you choose the military path.

Relationships, a weird subject. Myself have found ways to support myself and a lady friend with the ease of money, however I do regular restaurant gigs and get cheap meals. I used to work at the movies and get discounts and sometimes free movies. I have learned the art of free in this country and it's being nice to all your coworkers, then when you quite they don't mind giving out "free" stuff if they feel like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
Money matters when your in college like yourself I believe, and when you are in debt. Things that I don't allow myself to go through, I choose the "smarter" route in terms of money.

Zaaa? Your speaking in tongues to me right now. What I just got out of that is not going to college is not the smarter route?

The reason I am doing the Navy is simply because I don't want a ton of student loans adding up. Ill have plenty of money, job experience, money for college things that are easy to achieve if you choose the military path.

I didn't know you were going into the Navy, where's the powder room? :p
Sorry military joke, Damn you Col Joseph Mitchell Marine Core.

You could go to college and go through the ROTC program and then join into the military as an enlisted officer, which is much better pay wise then just going right into it money wise.

On the note of sacrafices I would put student loans in there with them. If you really want an education and want to get your degree in what you are passionate in, you will gladly except student loans. The alternative of this being work hard through high school get high state test grades then get federal grants for all your hard work through high school.

Dec 24, 2009
Not at all keoke, I'm going myself but think about all the debt I won't be racking up by getting in on the Montgomery G.I. Bill, 80K for any school if you don't know.

I'm actually going in from JROTC, got some friends recruited and my job gets me up to E-5 when I go into my actual job which is very good money. Like I said, easy way to less worry about money.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results