Watch Predictions?

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I've recently become interested in purchasing a prediction watch (i.e set time prediction time, have spectator name time, reveal correct time).
I have never bought a watch like this before so I was hoping someone who is more experienced in this subject could help me out and give me some advice about what and what not to buy. If I'm spending this kind of money, I want to buy something that will last and be worthwhile.

I'm looking at something that looks similar to what I wear now (http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=931) but I am open to suggestions.

Anyone?

Dec 24, 2009
Try and go for Looch's Your Thoughts are mine. There isn't necessarily a ton of watch material but it's got some nice watch predictions.

Spending that much money is a bit excessive when you could do another one impromptu.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The Diode of Kronos for stage. I don't think there is a better effect for stage use and that includes Osterlind's Watch Routine.

For close up Looch's and Osterlind's are very good.

Banachek''s PK Time is amazing if it fits your persona.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thanks for the suggestions. Kronos looks incredible but I don't have that kind of money. I'll look into Looch's, Osterlind's and Banachek's.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Kronos and "the diode..." are 2 very different things. I have Kronos2, it's a wicked tool, while it COULD be used for a watch prediction, it's not the way I'd do it...

I used to use Jermay's routine with a watch and 2 spectators, I think he's calling it Synchronicity now - REALLY good effect!!

DC

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
Kronos and "the diode..." are 2 very different things. I have Kronos2, it's a wicked tool, while it COULD be used for a watch prediction, it's not the way I'd do it...

I used to use Jermay's routine with a watch and 2 spectators, I think he's calling it Synchronicity now - REALLY good effect!!

DC

Synchronicity is a great effect! Very powerful and simple, however I think it is more suited to stage compared to close up because spectators can talk.

Nov 8, 2007
Richard Osterlind's Watch Routine (from Mind Mysteries Volume 1) is killer. The spectators do all the magic and all the magic happens in their hands and minds. Here's the official description:

"Watch Routine - One spectator thinks of a time while another turns the hands of a face-down watch. When the watch is turned over, it's found to display the first spectator's thought-of time. Perform this miracle anywhere, anytime...and with any watch!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2008
CA
Richard Osterlind's Watch Routine (from Mind Mysteries Volume 1) is killer. The spectators do all the magic and all the magic happens in their hands and minds. Here's the official description:

"Watch Routine - One spectator thinks of a time while another turns the hands of a face-down watch. When the watch is turned over, it's found to display the first spectator's thought-of time. Perform this miracle anywhere, anytime...and with any watch!"

That sounds incredible. I may have to get Volume 1 just for that. Looks like there's some other great stuff on their as well.

Synchronicity looks interesting too. Not sure about buying it though. Haven't found many reviews.

Nov 8, 2007
That sounds incredible. I may have to get Volume 1 just for that. Looks like there's some other great stuff on their as well.

Synchronicity looks interesting too. Not sure about buying it though. Haven't found many reviews.

All of Osterlind's material is top notch. Next to Derren Brown I think he's the best mentalist alive. He'll fool the hell out of you.

All of Osterlind's material is top notch. Next to Derren Brown I think he's the best mentalist alive. He'll fool the hell out of you.

I'd beg to differ. In my mind Max Maven is a lot better than Osterlind, in the fact that Max actually has a very interesting persona which people like. Osterlind is more of a "Gogogo, my audience is a baby" type of performer. He's effects are great but i feel as if he has a weak persona. He will fool the hell out of you, yes but is he going to entertain you, thats another story. Just my opinion tho, for me he is a bit weak on the performance side but it depends on the person, i tend to like puzzles and kind of going about in my own mind but Osterlind seems to do the "I have never known how this happens, it is a mystery to me...". Anyway, enough bashing him, he is a good teacher and a wonderful performer. This is just my outlook on the whole thing.

Mikk.

Nov 8, 2007
I'd beg to differ. In my mind Max Maven is a lot better than Osterlind, in the fact that Max actually has a very interesting persona which people like. Osterlind is more of a "Gogogo, my audience is a baby" type of performer. He's effects are great but i feel as if he has a weak persona. He will fool the hell out of you, yes but is he going to entertain you, thats another story. Just my opinion tho, for me he is a bit weak on the performance side but it depends on the person, i tend to like puzzles and kind of going about in my own mind but Osterlind seems to do the "I have never known how this happens, it is a mystery to me...". Anyway, enough bashing him, he is a good teacher and a wonderful performer. This is just my outlook on the whole thing.

Mikk.

I totally disagree. A lot of Max Maven's material I find is often confusing to the audience, and I think he overuses stooges. Osterlind always comes across as totally likable and mysterious, and his material and methods are deceptive as hell (and he never uses stooges in his act). I appreciate Max's character, but at the end of the day it's just a character. Osterlind comes across as a genuine person. In my mind (and many, many others) Osterlind is the top dog in mentalism behind only Derren Brown.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Are you guys basing this off their L&L DVD's? Because I can assure you that the way they perform for the L&L: crowd and the way they perform in REAL actual bookings and gigs is most likely 100% different.

Nov 8, 2007
Are you guys basing this off their L&L DVD's? Because I can assure you that the way they perform for the L&L: crowd and the way they perform in REAL actual bookings and gigs is most likely 100% different.

Actually, from what I've seen and heard, that's very much an overstatement.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
So you honestly believe that Bill Malone tells the exact same jokes he does for the L&L crowd, even when he is hired for actual gigs? :rolleyes:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
So you honestly believe that Bill Malone tells the exact same jokes he does for the L&L crowd, even when he is hired for actual gigs? :rolleyes:

Well, here'a a video from Bill Malone at the Detriot Auto Show: Here!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results