Magic Banned at School!

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Do you really think card magic can make a fight ... ? Can u describe me a scene where a fight would occur during a performance ... ?

And u saying "Teenagers will fight over anything" proves you are not a teen anymore, so let me tell you teens are humans , not monkeys .... ;)

I like this attitude. It's so naive and stems from having no experience.

Teenagers are human who are running on full throttle with their hormones and with the fact that high school is a huge popularity contest. Teenagers get jealous of the stupidest things and will fight over the stupidest things.

A fight during a performance will happen simply due to jealousy. The kid will get jealous of everybody paying attention to you and then next you know, you're both sitting in the principles office trying to explain everything.

Sep 1, 2007
If this happened to me, i will most definitely continue my magic when i want until they give a good reason, not just "magic is not allowed" or "Cards are not allowed". Whats the point of having a break if we can't do stuff like that.

Let me know how the revolution works out for you, Che.

And u saying "Teenagers will fight over anything" proves you are not a teen anymore,

And using the, "You don't remember what it's like to be my age," argument proves that people like me are usually right about teenagers.

so let me tell you teens are humans , not monkeys .... ;)

Bull****.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Oh hush. Dont be so dramatic

I like being dramatic. Theatre is kind of my thing.

But really, I don't think that in every case, the teacher in question is out to get you.
Rules are in place for a reason. Instead of going up against the teachers with witty remarks, or crying about them on your forums, go and ask why the rules are there.
If they are there for an appropriate reason, which, 90% of the time they are, then that's that. Respect the rules, because they are in place for the benefit of the students.
If they're not there for an appropriate reason, then try and reason with the teachers, and the people in charge.

Stop acting like children.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
This is the same reason why started learning magic without cards

Mentalism with index cards I did for a while, learning a center tear/peek

Penetrations with pencils

Ghost bills

5 to 1 transpo

Learned a retention vanish with a coin, and got pretty good with sleeving. Everyone loves a vanishing quarter.

My school banned cards as well. I didn't fight cause they do it for a reason, you could do gambling stuff behind their back and they wouldn't even know.

Jul 13, 2009
Here's a thought, how about just not perform magic at school? School's for studying use the free knowledge while you have it. Well free to the non-tax payers, unless it's a private school which only solidifys why you shouldn't be performing magic during school.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Here's a thought, how about just not perform magic at school? School's for studying use the free knowledge while you have it. Well free to the non-tax payers, unless it's a private school which only solidifys why you shouldn't be performing magic during school.

That's really not a good reason at all.

It's basically like saying

"NO FUN AT SCHOOL..STUDY ONLY!!"

There is a lot of free time at school, I'm a graduate as of last year and I got great grades. Why not a little magic to pass the time? A little entertainment did no harm in school.

Jul 13, 2009
That's really not a good reason at all.

It's basically like saying

There is a lot of free time at school, I'm a graduate as of last year and I got great grades. Why not a little magic to pass the time? A little entertainment did no harm in school.

Explain to me why that isn't a good reason, I fail to see it. If you are paying to go to school would you spend the time you paid for, jacking off in the back of the room, when you can easily do it in your bedroom?

When you say:
it's basically like saying

That isn't what I am saying at all, if you have to use magic to have fun in high school you got problems. There are other options other then performing magic or trying to figure out how to beat the system.

Huzzah for you graduation and your good grades blah blah blah everyone's done it, unless they have a GED. I am a graduate of two years, does that make this post any more credible?

The answer is no just in case.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
Explain to me why that isn't a good reason, I fail to see it. If you are paying to go to school would you spend the time you paid for, jacking off in the back of the room, when you can easily do it in your bedroom?

When you say:
it's basically like saying

That isn't what I am saying at all, if you have to use magic to have fun in high school you got problems. There are other options other then performing magic or trying to figure out how to beat the system.

Huzzah for you graduation and your good grades blah blah blah everyone's done it, unless they have a GED. I am a graduate of two years, does that make this post any more credible?

The answer is no just in case.
I did do magic to have fun, it wasn't my only way of having fun. I did magic 10 percent of the time. I'm saying that if you do your work that's great, doesn't mean you can do magic on the side. There are other options than doing magic...yup there are. But he is someone that wants to do magic in school, you are one person saying...don't. I'm saying do, if you have free time in class and you aren't interrupting anything going on do it. If someone is giving you a lecture, stop listen, don't perform, duh.
Magic is a way to have fun, not the only option. We are finding a solution to doing magic in school. Other than just dropping someone's passion completely.

I brought a guitar to school on occasion. I'd pull it out when I was ahead of my work silently and teachers would be ok.

What we are seeing here is that a DECK OF CARDS are not allowed on school grounds.

No card magic. <

What is another way of doing magic?

non card magic<

Great we found a little solution.

Something I'm saying is that it's not like people are just pulling tricks and disturbing class, there are times inbetween classes, lunches, before school, after school, in class there is some free time in class. Depending on the class you take. Chemistry, not a lot of free time for me. When I was done with my labs, I pulled out some index cards and did some mentalism. No harm done, and the time doing mentalism didn't pull away from any work that needed to be done.

Jul 13, 2009
I did do magic to have fun, it wasn't my only way of having fun.
Thanks for supporting my point, there are other ways to have fun in school then doing magic

I did magic 10 percent of the time. I'm saying that if you do your work that's great, doesn't mean you can do magic on the side.

Exactly!

There are other options than doing magic...yup there are. But he is someone that wants to do magic in school, you are one person saying...don't.I'm saying do, if you have free time in class and you aren't interrupting anything going on do it.

Geee wizz during free time in class I did homework so that I can have time practicing magic at home or have free time to go down to the mall later and perform there.

If someone is giving you a lecture, stop listen, don't perform, duh.
Hmm seems to be a no brainer to you now, but the way teens act I highly doubt they have self control.

Magic is a way to have fun, not the only option. We are finding a solution to doing magic in school. Other than just dropping someone's passion completely.

Remind me to replace this record, it's broken.

I brought a guitar to school on occasion. I'd pull it out when I was ahead of my work silently and teachers would be ok.

A guitar in the middle of free time in class? I hope you were at least good at it, you know as a courtesy to the others in the room who want to do something productive.

What we are seeing here is that a DECK OF CARDS are not allowed on school grounds.

No card magic. <

What is another way of doing magic?

non card magic<

Great we found a little solution.

Thanks for telling me information that I do not need to know again, quit wasting my time by making me read the same points over and over again.

Something I'm saying is that it's not like people are just pulling tricks and disturbing class,
STOP!
Have you seen the funny coin story thread?

there are times in between classes, lunches, before school, after school, in class there is some free time in class. Depending on the class you take. Chemistry, not a lot of free time for me. When I was done with my labs, I pulled out some index cards and did some mentalism. No harm done, and the time doing mentalism didn't pull away from any work that needed to be done.

Congratulations I suppose, look I know there are times that you could do magic during school hours. Frankly I dislike how high schools are governed by rules, it does nothing to get you ready for college. Hell most of the classes you take your senior year is re taught in college. But the thing about college is you have lots and lots of free time, very little rules, and thousands of chances to slack off because you have no one looming over your shoulders reprimanding you and saying bad boy.

MY POINT on not doing magic at school is to help those who want to further their education develop discipline that is necessary for college so they don't flail about like a fish out of water. Not saying you don't develop a habit of practicing magic, also now where did I state you should drop magic all together.
You as a son or daughter owe it to yourself, and parents to at least put forth all of your effort and attention into school while school is in session, until you graduate.

Blindside why don't you step back and think about my motives before you reply. Do you really think I am being a slave driver, or someone who cares for the younger generation?

Sep 3, 2007
Well free to the non-tax payers, unless it's a private school which only solidifys why you shouldn't be performing magic during school.

Yeah, it kind of makes me sick to know I'm paying taxes to help idiots learn how to challenge authority. This thread had better be based on kindergarten.

Teacher: "You cannot play with magic while learning your studies."
Kindergarten: "But I wanna, I can do whatever I want cause I never learned from my parents that jerking people around is idiotic."

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Yeah, it kind of makes me sick to know I'm paying taxes to help idiots learn how to challenge authority. This thread had better be based on kindergarten.

Teacher: "You cannot play with magic while learning your studies."
Kindergarten: "But I wanna, I can do whatever I want cause I never learned from my parents that jerking people around is idiotic."

As id you cared about tax payers at that age.

Sep 3, 2007
As id you cared about tax payers at that age.

As a kid I didn't care so much. But I knew that taxpayers/my parents were in charge. I got in trouble sometimes, but never thought of how to jerk my teachers around. I knew that nothing good would come out of it. Cause, my parents taught me that when I was young.

[Ecit] And it served me well. If I had been on the track of challenging authority, now I might have a bad habit. And probably lose my job because of it. Just be diplomatic about it. If the teacher says don't do magic. Understand that she/he is in charge while you're at school. At home, obviously its a different story.

Not sure why its such a hard concept. Most of the older folks chose one or the other and either have a good relationship with their parents or don't speak with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
As a kid I didn't care so much. But I knew that taxpayers/my parents were in charge. I got in trouble sometimes, but never thought of how to jerk my teachers around. I knew that nothing good would come out of it. Cause, my parents taught me that when I was young.

[Ecit] And it served me well. If I had been on the track of challenging authority, now I might have a bad habit. And probably lose my job because of it. Just be diplomatic about it. If the teacher says don't do magic. Understand that she/he is in charge while you're at school.

I totally get that,and even if my parents never directly told me to "behave" or what to do in school, I didnt do anything bad/disruptive because there is honestly no point in doing so. Other than the occasional trouble one makes at school.
What I meant was dont expect this kid or any to care about taxes.

Sep 3, 2007
I agree. And for what its worth. He has gotten tons of useful advice on this thread and I doubt any of it will make sense to him.

Apr 26, 2009
ur very much stereotyping teenagers right now, and let me say right off the bat that i dont fit into this stereotype...sorta. i say like a lot and im somewhat temperamental yes (and im all for stereotyping ;) ) but i completely understand all of this. some people think its ok, some dont...everyone has there opinions. my personal opinion is just dont do it around the teacher that told me not too...and thats worked for me so far (of course its only been 3 days). i broke out my knowledge of redline and started doing that again...and thats goin good, and i understand where your coming from about taxpayers...but be honest, yout tax money is being spent poorly elsewhere (like when Obama HAD to take the airforce 1 picture over New York for 368,000), but i see where your coming from

please dont argue too much :D
max

Sep 3, 2007
It is terrible. How mofos get off on making a "smarty pants" post. Wipe your underwear off and change your mind. Think about magic, not WHO posts about it. Plus, learn some basic grammar skills.

[Edit] I'll be as funny as possible with my limited "BS." Let us worry about politics only if we are politicians. Let us worry about magic.... Only if we are politicians.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results