The New E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Secretive, how so? Why do we keep trying to fool ourselves with this whole "underground" thing?

RJ

Is that a shot against Theory 11 RJ? I thought we weren't doing things like that here.

Yay, E is changing the look of their site so they can try to sell the same things in a different way. Yippee!!!

If we are going to be smart asses, I'll get one in myself.

I think its great that your changing the site to give it a new look and I really like E and will always be a customer. However, E is not the be all end all of the magic world (Your google search should have told you that). I don't know how you can come on here and act like your the king and say what you want and then call anyone who says something you don't like a basher.

Please take your own advise and relax. No matter what anyone says about E on here you will still have loyal customers. I know, I am one.

Take it easy man,
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Is that a shot against Theory 11 RJ? I thought we weren't doing things like that here.

Yay, E is changing the look of their site so they can try to sell the same things in a different way. Yippee!!!

I think its great that your changing the site to give it a new look and I really like E and will always be a customer. However, E is not the be all end all of the magic world (Your google search should have told you that). I don't know how you can come on here and act like your the king and say what you want and then call anyone who says something you don't like a basher.

Please take your own advise and relax. No matter what anyone says about E on here you will still have loyal customers. I know, I am one.

Take it easy man,
Tim

Dude...chill out man.

I believe what he was saying was that magic is becoming much more of a streamline thing thanks to shows like David Blaine and Mindfreak. It surely wasn't an attack on Theory11.

Just remember..."It's all good." Make that your life philosophy and things will be peachy. ;)

Shane K.

Secretive, how so? Why do we keep trying to fool ourselves with this whole "underground" thing? ...or did you just find something you thought you could post to try to make E look bad?

We see magic everywhere, David Blaine specials, Criss Angel specials, David Copperfield, phone commercials, Phenomenon...magic is not hidden at all.

"Yeah, yeah, but you guys advertise, and that is surely a sign of sinful desire for money!". Ummm, check it out on Google...I guarantee you (and I mean nothing wrong by this), that J.Bayme has done his best to secure nice high spots on the search engine...they would like to be here a year from now.

"Well, yeah, yeah...people are going to find out the secrets of magic because you helped to sponsor a show." Really? I just put "magic tricks" into Google and got the following: Results 1 - 10 of about 4,640,000 for magic tricks. (0.05 seconds) Makes me think that we really are not responsible for global warming.

Everybody, relax. The magic community did not make a huge mistake by letting most of you in, and it won't be a huge mistake to let others in.

Be cool,

RJ

And this post doesn't sound like it was written by someone who needs to "Chill out"?

Read the line under Theory 11 .com at the top of the page. I believe it was a shot.

How exactly do I warrant getting told to chill out but RJ can seem to rant all he wants?

The point of my post was that I support E. But I called it like I saw it. And I saw a pot shot from someone who says he doesn't like bashing. Call me nutty.

Whatever, I'm tired of all this E vs. Theory 11 Bull. How about this. If we are not supposed to talk about other sites behind their backs and the "If you have business with E take it there" Whenever someone has a gripe about E, Why don't we just leave E on E's site and theory 11 on this site. Don't like that idea? Then take the good with the bad man. I don't understand why if I love E it's OK to say so, But the second I say "I have a problem with E" Its "Take it there". Just hypocritical.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
And this post doesn't sound like it was written by someone who needs to "Chill out"?

Read the line under Theory 11 .com at the top of the page. I believe it was a shot.

How exactly do I warrant getting told to chill out but RJ can seem to rant all he wants?

The point of my post was that I support E. But I called it like I saw it. And I saw a pot shot from someone who says he doesn't like bashing. Call me nutty.

That's not the point. The point is just let who ever is doing the bashing do the bashing. In the end they will end up looking like the...erm..."mangy donkey". I'm not telling you to chill out as a straight complaint to you, just saying that it's not worth it. We've already crudded up this thread with bickering. It needs to stop, eh?

Shane K.

Oct 23, 2007
ok if i made anyone upset i am very sorry that is not what i was set on doing but it is 5:56 and no change at E

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
ok if i made anyone upset i am very sorry that is not what i was set on doing but it is 5:56 and no change at E

It's all good. Brad already posted on the Ellusionist forums saying that they are delaying it until next week due to the hype over Phenomenon. I'm not too worried about it though, good things come to those who wait, right?

Shane K.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

Let's stay on topic, and refrain from bashing other members, other sites, or anything.

Thanks. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Oct 23, 2007
ok well then iam going to sit in a coner and wait untill 8 lol one q: what are the color changes in the gurdian**(spell check) video

Sep 2, 2007
I didn't "bash" anything, or anyone. I just said i didn't like the fact they'll have humor. Jeez.
...To me humor was t11's thing, and Es was street stuff. Guess not.
E's had humor before T11 came out (check out some of the Gear product pages, then there's Justin Miller in the Army of 52 trailer "It's OK, I've seen this trick before"). Also, Jeff over at MJM is a pretty funny guy as well. No one has cornered the market on funny. What about all of those comedy magicians?

Why do we have to keep a pulse on this forum?

Right after this forum started, I PM'd Raiker sayin that if they ever see E members over here trolling your forums, to let me know so that we can cool it on our end. Also, if you see any outright T11 bashing on the E forums, please report the post to us nd we'll take care of it... no one has done it yet. You don't see a bunch of T11 threads @ E, but I did wake up this morning to find this posted on our forums:
Hi

thanks for starting us out we have deserted you and are beating you at your own game thanks for all the help you gave us. but we stabbed you in the back and stealing your business.

a few tips
- release dates for your upcoming products
- actually show the effect in the video
- don't delete all posts who aren't in love with E
- be loyal to your customers treat them like people
- create original cards anyone can change colours wow

thanks for listening

bye
Listen, Everyone:

If you're an E-Hater, then you're part of the problem, not the solution. We are Magicians. We should be helping ach other become better magicians instead of bickering over who's cooler.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
ok well then iam going to sit in a coner and wait untill 8 lol one q: what are the color changes in the gurdian**(spell check) video

Hey, that sounds like what I'm doing. Hah.

About the Guardian video...I'm thinking that those are color changes and flourishes that are taught on Daniel Madisons "Leathal" DVD. I'm not sure if it was previously released or not though...

I know I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.

Shane K.

what are the color changes in the gurdian**(spell check) video
I find it totally ironic that in the post JUST before yours, Jack the moderator says to stay on topic.

Back on topic, even though the people who I'm addressing this to are the ones that I know do not listen to what anyone else but themselves say. This E bashing is getting us nowhere. I think it's gotten better, but really ask yourself; who this is helping?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
E's had humor before T11 came out (check out some of the Gear product pages, then there's Justin Miller in the Army of 52 trailer "It's OK, I've seen this trick before"). Also, Jeff over at MJM is a pretty funny guy as well. No one has cornered the market on funny. What about all of those comedy magicians?

Why do we have to keep a pulse on this forum?

Right after this forum started, I PM'd Raiker sayin that if they ever see E members over here trolling your forums, to let me know so that we can cool it on our end. Also, if you see any outright T11 bashing on the E forums, please report the post to us nd we'll take care of it... no one has done it yet. You don't see a bunch of T11 threads @ E, but I did wake up this morning to find this posted on our forums:

Listen, Everyone:

If you're an E-Hater, then you're part of the problem, not the solution. We are Magicians. We should be helping ach other become better magicians instead of bickering over who's cooler.

Thank you Goudinov.

Shane K.

Oct 23, 2007
ok i know i bashed on this thread but i am done ok we all just need to look at this way what all good that has come out of E and they do work very hard

Sep 4, 2007

Take it easy man,
Tim

Ummm,

No. If you have been around for awhile, then you will understand that T11 is based on the Ellusionist model. That is not disparaging, it is just the way it is. Jonathan Bayme helped to forge that model and brought parts of his way of thinking here. Also, if you have been around awhile, you will also know that Ellusionist is the original underground, street magic site. The selling point here is not that they have the lock on being "the underground site", I believe it is something about Theory 11 standing for the uniting of magicians. I will admit a little shot at T11 in saying that this has not been evidenced yet.

My point about magic being underground is that the term "underground" is being misunderstood. It is not hidden, nor is it secretive. Neither Ellusionist nor T11 can afford to hide in the shadows. Our forums exist as a added selling point for some of our customers, but not even close to all of them. If we tried to stay hidden, then the business end of things would quickly cease to exist.

Please try not to construct attitudes and feelings out of everything I say. I know you are going to assume that I will pick E over T11, and your are right, but I am also trying to not take those cheap shots at T11.

RJ

WDF

Oct 12, 2007
Nashville NC
I have to agree with a couple post up here in the fact that we are all magicians, beginners, amateurs, and some of us are professionals. The point is that regardless where you buy your magic, regardless what "website" you prefer or how the company behind the website is run.

We are all in fact magicians, looking to amaze and astound the spectators. Why shall we go as low as bickering or even trying to pursue negative behavior and thoughts towards another website.

If you even think about it, its really immature. Why should we be arguing about which website is better.

I have no siding with no one, just my thoughts on why were stooping this low as magicians. Both sites in my opinion have there ups and downs.

Just my two cents!

Honestly come on guys, this is ridiculous. The past few threads which have been posted and have concerned other companies have just been filled with bashing and hatred, why?

If you really think it helps by saying someone is "bad" or whatever behind their backs on another forum, it doesn't. Rather, if you have an issue, please, take it politely and maturely to the respective site and contact the staff there.

Just like mentioned with Goudinov, if you go to Ellusionist, or other certain sites which members seem to have a rivalry with and check their forums, there is none of this.

Honestly, I do not understand why there is such arguments between members, and I propose a question to those who have replied with something that directly attacks someone else (company wise), and you know who you are...why did you post it? I'm really curious as to see the reasoning behind such actions and why they continue to happen, please, enlighten me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results