-can be done in spectators hands
-doesn't need cover

Duck change:
-visual
-literally angle proof
-starts as a single card
-doesn't need cover

Dec 28, 2008
My favorite colour change is The Click Change, because the whole card is in view throughout the whole change. This, I think, makes the change that little bit more magical than ones with cover of some sort. It's also extremely instant and visual, which makes the reaction all the more extreme. However, as it is one of the most well known changes, if not the most well known change, to magicians as well as laymen, there is a chance that they have seen, or know how to do, the change.

My other favourite change is the 'db Spin Change', also by Dan and Dave, as it gives the illusion that there is only one card throughout the whole change. It really does look like there is only one card involved. It really looks like half the card changes as you spin, and then the other when you spread the cards. This makes the spectator think that the card actually morphs, not changes into another.

Dec 18, 2009
The Erdnase change, cardini and shapeshifter. Erdnase many dont like because it uses cover. I chose it because it is still very visual. I still surprise myself when I practice it infront of a mirror, haha. The cardini leaves you clean with an examinable card. shapeshifter uses no cover is extremely visual leaves you clean and can be examined. Out of these three my favorite is the shapeshifter. I love it. Kevin Ho's bob change variation of it is just awesome looking....

Dec 28, 2008
and the Clipshift of course.

I actually don't think that the Clipshift is that good a change from the spectator's point of view, because:
1. There is the cover of the hand
2. There is the action needed to hide the 4th part of the change.

Sure it's one handed, but so is the click change, and it's much less instant than it. That said, I still use it for The Queens, and as a control. I just think it's a bit overrated.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
Well, I know the clipshift and the click change are both one handed, but I think clipshift is a little more clean. With the click change, don't you have to worry about angles? (I've never performed it live)

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The clipshift has more angle issues than the click change.

I use to think quick super 'visual' colour changes were the way to go however now something like el Cambio Nada (spelling) or a winter change feels like magic much more than a shapeshifter or cardini.

Sep 14, 2009
Criss Angel Dust. aka Camera tricks.

That is my favorite color change.

Also, I can make myself go from black to white... From the waist down.

Jan 8, 2010
zip-pop change

the zip-pop change by tom gagnon--outlined in Rachenbaumer's Card Finesse II-- is flashy, fun to execute and surprisingly underused..guess it simply never caught on

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results