Through and through for the first time!

Sep 16, 2008
Hey guys, I am feeling pretty proud today because just now I did through and through for the first time ! for those interested read below

So I got my through and through download like 4 days ago, in that time I was trying to find acupuncture needles but I could not find one ( I do not live in the US) so I recalled David Blaine doing through and through in the ending credits of drowned alive with a sowing needle, so after thinking and watching the video for three days I finally convinced myself to do it.

At first i did it and then lost the confidence but then late at night did it again when my family members were asleep. Man its a funny feeling your emotions go crazy, but then again i built up my confidence and poked it in through my hand but a stupid thing happened the needle was too short to poke all the way through so I pulled it out. ( it was like 4 cm in length should be atleast 6 or 7cm)

Now for those of you thinking that if it hurts or not, I will say it hurts but very little almost like when you take an injection. I will say that Dan actually exaggerated the pain in the DVD sorry Dan !

Overall great effect, great teaching, a must buy but you must be man enough to do it.

Thanks Dan for teaching me this great effect it changed my life by uplifting my confidence level.

Thanking You,
Joe.

Dec 4, 2008
These are the needles that I use.

http://acubest.com/product_info.php?products_id=591

In the drop down box under the photo choose 30(.3)x3"

I perform this trick often and it does get reactions from spectators. It is to the point now that I have to keep a box of them in my car because I do it probably 3 to 4 times a week. The reason that he recommends acupuncture needles is because they are sterile. He doesn't want anyone getting an infection from performing this. I would recommend using the needles from the website above if you plan on performing this more.

Sep 2, 2007
Wait, wait wait, so your saying you LITERALLY STICK A PIN THROUGH YOUR HAND? Jesus christ wouldn't that hurt like a lot. Plus wouldn'y you bleed after. I would really like to know mroe about this. Is it safe? Is there hand damage afterwards?

Dec 4, 2008
Like I said, I do this often. You do stick the needle through your hand. It does hurt, but it kind of feels like a shot a doctor would give you. Unless you hit the vein in your hand (like I did the first time I attempted this) there should be no bleeding. Your hand does hurt afterward, but I have not noticed any long term damage. I would not do it as often as I do, but so far I haven't seen any negative effects from doing it. The most i ever did it was three times in 24 hours. I do not suggest performing it that much though.

Here is a performance video of me doing it. This should help clear things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VMas1TFXxw

Just a warning gentlemen I wouldn't suggest trying to save a few bucks to figure this out on your own since there is a very particular place the needle has to be inserted at as well as a certain technique required to keep from injuring yourself. Plus a sewing needle is not recommended in the DVD but stab away if that's your choice. Great trick very carne!

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Just a warning gentlemen I wouldn't suggest trying to save a few bucks to figure this out on your own since there is a very particular place the needle has to be inserted at as well as a certain technique required to keep from injuring yourself. Plus a sewing needle is not recommended in the DVD but stab away if that's your choice. Great trick very carne!

I'll keep that in mind NEXT TIME, Shane! ;)

Sep 16, 2008
As long as I can remember david blaine did it with a sewing needle. That is why I decided to do it with that !

But you must agree, this is real, and it feels honest while performing. The motivation I used was that pro wrestlers give themselves such big cuts so why cant I poke this through and through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
I saw David Blain freeze himself in a block of ice -_- OMG! That's immitatable! *buys several thousand blocks of ice and builds an ice home with them sealing off the entrance*

Jan 13, 2008
I saw David Blain freeze himself in a block of ice -_- OMG! That's immitatable! *buys several thousand blocks of ice and builds an ice home with them sealing off the entrance*
If you move your ice-home (igloo? ;)) to Canada, you'd fit in just fine. :p

Jan 13, 2008
Is it WAY PAST the minus C over in Canada?
Cold enough to keep an igloo frozen. Where I am, it's -6 right now, and supposed to get down to -10 overnight (will feel like -16). In the northern parts of the province (where I used to live; no, not in the territories), it's not uncommon to encounter temperatures around -30 to -40 or so (during the daytime), where it feels like -50 (the wind is harsh, heh). I think your igloo would be fine either way. ;)

On topic: Having a slight needle phobia, there is no way I'd poke anything completely through my hand. o_O

Sep 16, 2008
First performance

Okay guys this is what happened yesterday,

But before that when I tried through and through for the second time I made a video on my phone and showed it to my best friend, and he said that show it to him live as clearly he was not impressed. So yesterday I showed it to him and boy he was impressed, then he called a friend just to tell him what I did, and as crazy as he is he went around telling everyone and brought a crowd, so there I am surrounded by all these people doing through and through for the 6th time in my life ( the second time that day ). At one point one guy actually asked me to stop as he did not want to see it anymore, one woman actually walked away. And I was pushing the needle the wrong away and it actually poked in my finger resulting in some blood to ooze out. Then after that I went to a restaurant for lunch with some other friends and did it again, one of my friend turned his head away ( may be he was feeling nausea). Now on monday I'll do it for my whole university see how that plays out, and I might also make a video.

Thanks Dan for this great effect.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
No offense but I dont how this is an effect to be sold though...
Its just using an acupuncture needle and poking a spot without the least nerves, bones, and veins. If you ask any licensed acupunture doctor to do it, they certainly can... Did americans just discover acupuncture or something? Couldnt someone just go ask an acupuncture doctor where the spots are and there we go...
I just dont get how something like this can be marketed

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results