Black Tiger or Shadow Master?

Jan 17, 2010
Which deck do you think is better for tricks, Black tiger or shadow masters? Doesnt black enhance the trick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 16, 2009
neither.. laymen is not used to seeing black decks and performing magic with it is not a good idea, they will think that its a "trick" deck or something.. i say stay with regular decks when performing magic

May 3, 2008
Also, those types of cards are printed on white card stock, making the sides look very ugly. Also, when there's that much black ink on the cards, it starts to fade off over time. The edges of the cards look very faded. I'd honestly say neither. But if you had to pick one, I'd say shadow masters.

Apr 1, 2009
California
I honestly don't think the audience will think it's a trick deck... That'd only happen if you suck. Everytime I've used a black deck, they thought it looked cool. Now, the problem I have with them, Shadow Masters anyway, is that after a lot of practice my hands turn black. And they wear very easily.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Which deck do you think is better for tricks...Doesnt black enhance the trick?

This gave me a laugh! Since when does the deck you use enhance a trick?

If you were to own a pack of Jerry's, would that make your magic better? NO!

I'm not really a fan of black playing cards, as- 1) the edges look horrible once they fade and 2) they do sometimes cause suspicions, even if I pull out a deck of Bicycles, many think it's a trick deck [but probably due to that I am a magician!]

Dec 19, 2009
I don't think it matters what deck you use, use the one you want. Whether you use some custom deck or a Rider Back Blue, people may think it's a trick deck, so at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Use whatever you like. People don't get suspicious of a deck, they get suspicious of the magician.

As for people talking about fading/chipping/etc., that's when you get a new deck out. Just like if you're using a regular deck and the edges start to get dirty.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
black tigers are an amazing deck, they last forever, but after at least 2 weeks they start looking hideous because the black is being worn off, leaving random white spots, usually on the edges

so although for flourishing i would recommend them, for performing...stick with a black deck with a white boarder (guardians for example) or any white deck/regular bikes

Apr 26, 2009
yes they look cool, but i have used them, both, and they are just not the best decks. if i were you, i would buy some tally ho's from here, or head over to dan and daves website and buy some arrcos <---my favorite cards that aren't smokes

hope this helps
max

Dec 18, 2009
How about neither? Im sorry but those cards just arent durable enough for me. Get some longer-lasting decks such as Tally's, Bee's, Bikes, Aladdin's, or Arrco's. If you must get a custom deck grab some split-spades or guardians.

Sep 1, 2007
First post in is already of the, "I never use suspicious props," school. Impressive.

That said, the deck really isn't going to enhance your performance in the slightest without motivation. I like to use Ghosts because they're durable and the monochromatic color scheme works well with my wardrobe. So it's mostly a stylistic choice on my part. For real motivation, that requires some creativity on your part. You need to be able to answer any question with a reasonable reply.

That said, be aware that custom decks are more expensive. Use them if you can afford the expense, but don't feel like you should have to.

As for the whole idea that everyone will automatically think it's a trick deck, I think that's bull****. Some people have the sort of style that makes custom decks work, others don't. Nothing wrong with either way, but you have to find out for yourself what works and what doesn't for you personally.

Which deck do you think is better for tricks, Black tiger or shadow masters? Doesnt black enhance the trick?

Neither. Black decks are for personal show and style. There are also a hell of a lot of other options you failed to give. I personally like Ghosts or Arcanes.

Unless you have a character, theme, ryme and reason to why you are using a custom deck, then it's better to aoid it. it draws more attention to it than what is needed.

I prefer red or black bikes.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
im getting more and more into using tarot cards.
They have tons of different kinds at Borders.
If you want cards that actually do have a power in them. I suggest getting those.
Unless your gonna do tivo though

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Between Black Tiger and Shadow masters, I personally like the Shadow Masters, I've found them to hold up well, better than the normal bikes from costco. That being said, go with the design you like best.

enough people have said it already, but I've had people think that "normal" bikes were trick decks, so I don't necessarily buy the "custom decks make audiences suspicious" argument. To be fair, those who know me, know that I'm a specialty deck collector and are used to seeing me with "non-standard" decks.

I hope you enjoy whatever cards you choose.

Cheers!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results