Top Shot : Lennart Green

Dec 18, 2009
Wow...this is ridiculously difficult and after a week the card just barely shoots out maybe 1/20 of the time...I would really appreciate some tips on this. Usually when I do this I perform an accidental cardini change. Is that normal? I've also heard that it takes so long to learn because you have to like "exercise" your pinkie to strengthen it. I really need some help. Thanks.

Reactions: SamM11432
May 3, 2008
Here's my advice. If you're performing a cardini change-type motion this should help. After you do the pop (cardini) immediately extend your pink finger and this should help the cards get more distance. With practice you should be able to get this down. Remember, extend your pinky finger immediately after the pop. Keep in mind that the pop and release should be one motion, not two. Don't treat it like steps.

This move is very dificuld. Ok maby not all that dificuld nut catching the card is the hard part. Just keep practicing and you will get it.

Practice until your fingers bleed. Then bandege them. Then practice until they fall off.

just a quote i saw somewhere.

Dec 18, 2009
Here's my advice. If you're performing a cardini change-type motion this should help. After you do the pop (cardini) immediately extend your pink finger and this should help the cards get more distance. With practice you should be able to get this down. Remember, extend your pinky finger immediately after the pop. Keep in mind that the pop and release should be one motion, not two. Don't treat it like steps.

Thanks. I'm working on doing it in one fluid motion.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
I was talking to Kostya Kimlat about this move, and we both agreed that it just takes a few (or just one) afternoon of continously top-shotting until you get it down perfect. I practiced the move for 3 hours straight (haha, no life, right?) and I could finally hit it 10/10 times.

Make sure 1 fluid motion is evident, and practicing this over and over will strengthen the pinky, making it easy to master the move.

By repeating the move, you not only build up strength in the pinky, but stamina too, (so practice continously and stay focused for at least 1 hr if you really want to get the move down!)

Hope that helped,

-Sanj

Dec 22, 2009
Hong Kong
i find that bending the deck will help a lot. about the cardini thing after you are about to shoot the card extend you second, ring, and pinky at once. hope it helps.( it took me 3 weeks to "master" the move.

Dec 18, 2009
Ok I can shoot it alot better so thank you. But do you guys have any suggestions on how to get it to farther? Or does that just come with practice? Thanks for the tips.

Sep 6, 2009
Try putting the pinky at the bottom right hand corner (I'm assuming you hold the deck with the left hand). It should help

As someone here said imediately extend your fingers out, this will help the card to travel farther. As well relax a bit. If you are working so hard your fingers are tightened up it will be very difficult to do. With these tips I can shoot the card about a foot-foot/half so it is possible, just takes practice.
Best of luck

Sep 2, 2009
I was in the same case as you, and I bought the Ishkabbible Sandwich, by Eric Jones. It probably sounds weird, but Eric teaches a very good way to do it, and his advices are very great.

After something like one week of practice, I was able to do it perfectly 8 times on 10.

Moreover, the Ishkabbible sandwich is a very deceptive trick ;)

Dec 18, 2009
As someone here said imediately extend your fingers out, this will help the card to travel farther. As well relax a bit. If you are working so hard your fingers are tightened up it will be very difficult to do. With these tips I can shoot the card about a foot-foot/half so it is possible, just takes practice.
Best of luck

Thanks man. I've got the shooting down pretty well. Working on catching it now. Catching it is alot harder than i thought...Maybe I just have bad coordination lol.

Aug 13, 2009
Can you give me some advice for catching the card !!! I can shoot the card and catch it in a short range but I want to catch the card as far as DD did in "The collector" trick ... What should I do ??? :(

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results