Immaculate Inception by Jay Sankey Review

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Immaculate Inception by Jay Sankey is available on http://www.sankeymagic.com for $4.99. It's an instant download, so no wait for shipping or anything of that sort. It downloads straight to your computer!

Before You Read On:

Immaculate Inception is by far one of my favorite Sankey effects. It uses a principle that is very simple, but he expands it to something you would never think of. It's better than Sinful in my opinion, and looks more impossible. The can could be empty or SEALED. He goes into different handlings whether it be a coin, ring, or any object related to that thickness and size. It's simple, devious, and the method is so amazing you will s**t your pants!

Method:

Like I said, the method is so diabolically genius it will make you s**t your pants. When I saw the preview, it was one of those effects that I had a guess onto how it was done, but I was never sure. Once I saw the method I laughed at myself because I was that stupid. The method used is awesome. 5/5

Teaching:

Jay goes into almost every aspect of the trick. He includes about 6 handlings with the effect: One Ring, One Coin, Two Rings, Two Coins, Empty Can, and SEALED Can. There are also more ways that he explains that, with your imagination, you can use it in a totally new way. The teaching is classic Jay Sankey, he explains everything to the furthest extent, so you won't have ANY questions on this part, or that part, or anything at all. If you haven't bought anything of Jay's before, this is the one to start. You get 22 minutes of THOUROUGH and DETAILED explanation, with everything you need to know. 5/5

Setup:

I'm not going to say much here, because I don't want to give anything away. But what I can say, is that there is a little preparation. You can make the gimmick in under 20 seconds. It's really easy, and will be worth that 20 seconds of your time. Trust me. 5/5

The Effect:

The effect itself is a coin/ring penetrating an empty or sealed can. And once you slam the can on the object, they can automatically hear it inside. It's all in an instant. No delay, no anything, it's automatic. And the good part is, after you cut open the can to display the borrowed or SIGNED object and dump it into their hand without any switches, they can EXAMINE the can thoroughly. The fact that they can examine it just blows their mind. Also, the sound it makes when it's rattling inside the can, their faces just melt. It's that good of an effect, and for 5 bucks, you CANNOT pass it up. 5/5

Angles:

The trick is completely angle proof. After you bang the can on the object, you can remove your hand, show the bottom, show the top, everything! You can even show the object inside the can before you cut it open, because it wont come out of the opening at the top. You can even let THEM cut open the can! It's perfect in every way, they will NOT suspect anything! 5/5

Wrap-Up:

So all in all, this effect kills! You show an empty or sealed can, shake it all about, there's nothing to be heard. Borrow a coin/ring, sign it, penetrate it, and watch your spec's face melt apart. This is one of my favorite purchases from Jay, and like always, he never disappoints! Almost no sleight of hand required, and a perfect piece to add to your repetoire.

Two words: BUY IT!

(this is my first review, so dont be too harsh on me)

Cheers Everyone,

Casey

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
BETTER than 'Sinful', really? I'll have to pick this one up to see that myself.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
BETTER than 'Sinful', really? I'll have to pick this one up to see that myself.

Yes, better in my opinion. Because, I'm not trying to give anything away about Sinful, the can is vertical. You can remove your hand, show the bottom. And it's instantaneously. If it's empty, with the tab open, you can show them the object before you cut the can. I have to add on to the review, but it's completely angle proof. Diabollically genious, and a bang for your buck.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Was looking for a review for this, but this serouisly looks great and will pick this up when I have money in my credit card.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Was looking for a review for this, but this serouisly looks great and will pick this up when I have money in my credit card.

I was hoping someone would say that. I haven't seen a review of this trick either here on t11, so that's why I posted it. Most of the reviews you see here are from DVDs and whatnot, and mostly never from Jay Sankey. His work is one of the best. I placed 2nd in his "What I've Learned From Jay" Video Contest, and got $100 worth of freebies of my choice from his site. Here's what I got:

1. Sankey's Best Card Magic
2. Sankey's Best Coin Magic
3. Sankey's Best Mentalism
4. Sankey's Best Street Magic
5. Sankey's Best Magic w/ Ordinary Objects
6. Hellbent
7. Spookey
8. Immaculate Inception
9. Kaleidoscope
9. Shift

I'm personally excited for all of this to arrive, and if you are looking for a review on any one of these above later on, just PM me.

Mar 12, 2009
Sorry but, I just can NOT believe that you think Immaculate Inception is better than Sinful!! You have to be joking?!

There are some things in your review I think is pretty misleading..

Here are some comments on Immaculate vs. Sinful

1. The method of Immaculate is not really genius. I mean, compared to the simplicity of Sinful, I think it is much worse.

2. Immaculate is absolutely not angle proof in any way. At any time before you cut the can open, you can NOT show it completely.

3. You CAN do Immaculate with pretty much any ring, but the effect is going to look much worse if you for example get a green ring or something like that.

4. You can't borrow borrow a can in Immaculate. (You can with Sinful)

5. The sealed version of Immaculate.. I mean, come on - we need some honesty in the advertising of magic effect - it is not "really" sealed. For example you can't poor all 33cl of the liquid out of the can afterwards, so it is not "examinably sealed" in my opinion.

6. Again, I think we need some honesty here, I hate these midleasing quotes! In Immaculate, you can't really let the spectator cut the can open in a full sense. You have to do some cutting first.

Anyway, these were just the points off the top of my head. Maybe I'll add something when I think of it.

I just wanted people to not get totally mislead.

This is not to say that Immaculate is not a great effect. I mean, it receives great reactions, but compared to Sinful (one of those PERFECT totally IMPROMPTU miracles) I think it pretty much blows.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Here are my responses to Rasmus's points...

1. I meant genius as in something that will smack you in the face because you wouldn't have thought of it.

2. Immaculate is angle proof. It's called misdirection. Jay goes over the misdirection needed to make this miracle angle proof. And it's called covering. You pretty much revealed the trick in your post.

3. Then don't ask a spectator that has a different colored ring. Once again, you pretty much revealed a part of it.

4. Okay, you have a good one here. But it doesn't need to be borrowed. I admit Sinful is better in this situation, but Immaculate IN MY OPINION is better.

5. You revealed this pretty much in this post!!! Please take it down for revealing reasons. I never said it was completely sealed. It appears sealed to the spectator because the top isnt broken and neither is the bottom.

6. I was honest, I said they could cut the can open. They can. I never put any misleading info here. Read more carefully. And again, you kind of reveal apart of the method.

Please consider next time before you post something, dont reveal it okay? This is pretty much a tutorial with your post. And read my post carefully next time. Nothing is misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hm... I'm still on the fence about this one, after reading RasmusAndersen's post. Also, not trying to to into exposure, but is it REALLY THEIR ring before he penetrates it through the can, because it not, then I have a pretty good idea of how this works? In my opinion, I'll be sticking with 'Sinful'; It's impromptu, uses THEIR signed coin, the can could be borrowed, and it's sealed! But who knows, I'll probably pick up Sankey's some time later.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
In response to Jv, yes, everything can be borrowed, the ring, the quarter, anything can be borrwed. The coin can be signed, as well as the ring, but who would want to sign a ring. right? Anyways, Sinful won't let you use a quarter, because it's too big. With Immaculate Inception. you can use anything a little bigger than a quarter. Not half dollar size, but anything smaller than that. I wouldn't take anything Rasmus said seriously because he has some of his facts wrong. Dont do it based on his post. I would definately get it. And, its WAY CHEAPER than Sinful. It's a steal for 5 bucks. GET IT NOW!

Mar 12, 2009
Where have I got some facts wrong?

I would really like to know. :)

I own both effects, and everything I said is true..

I get the feeling you are somehow related to Jay, since you are so psyched about his effect you are lying about it :p¨

Stop letting so much bull**** out man, it's really annoying..

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Where have I got some facts wrong?

I would really like to know. :)

I own both effects, and everything I said is true..

I get the feeling you are somehow related to Jay, since you are so psyched about his effect you are lying about it :p¨

Stop letting so much bull**** out man, it's really annoying..

When he says the this is better than Sinful, he saying his opinion. People may disagree, but you have to respect his opinion.

Nov 7, 2009
I find it so strange that yet a guy just came along wrote a normal review expressing HIS OPINION! And 10 seconds later it becomes a giant argument. Seriously people! If you cant respect each others opinions then your not cut ut to be magicians...

I think it was a great post. I dont ever plan on getting a coin/ring through soda can effect but if I had to just grab one fast and I was low on money I would go for this due to the posotive review. Hovewer if I was serious about it I would get both then make a desicion on what to perform.

Good review, shame people are just so immature.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I don't like this forum for the reason that AlfieWhattamMagic stated. It always turns into an arguement because of the mindset that people have. I was just trying to help people and I get blasted. Remember, in my post I said that it was my first review, so don't be harsh on me. Rasmus did the exact opposite. He tried to prove my OPINION wrong, and it never fails that everytime I post here I get negative responses.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I see no argument in this thread. Perceptiv3CardMagic wrote a review expressing his opinion on Sankey's product and RasmusAndersen expressed his opinion about Sankey's product...so please tell me where the argument is!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
All I have to say is that the method is definitely workable, impossible as far as laymen are concerned, and can be preferred over sinful.

I don't own it, but as soon as he slammed it I had a pretty good idea how it was done. He started cutting, then let her finish...I pretty much knew what was going on.

I like the thinking, and it is clean, but it's a lot like healed and sealed...I love the effect...but it's not something you just can go and do. Between Sankey and Houchin, both are amazing creators and magicians, and the spectator sees the same effect when either is performed...that is, they will say 'he slammed it through the bottom...and it was inside!?!?'

I'm going to stick with sinful, it's something I've already practiced and enjoy performing. Had I ran into Immaculate Inception first, I might prefer it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results