Magicians United For Haiti - Online lecture to raise funds for Haiti

Some of your favorite artists in our industry have united in an online lecture fundraiser event for the people of Haiti.

The following artists are on the list to teach at this lecture (with more to come):

Chad Long
Paul Wilson
Chris Brown
Irving Quant
Dorian Rhodell
Dan and Dave
Aaron Fisher
Andi Gladwin
Ryan Swigert
Wayne Houchin
Joshua Jay

Here is how you can donate to the fundraiser and join the lecture:

1. Post a video of yourself in this facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=251180948278&ref=mf

showing that you texted ‘Haiti’ to 90999, thus making a $10 donation to the Red Cross (Applicable only in the USA)

OR

2. Go to this link and make a $10USD donation directly to an account:
http://www.kapipal.com/c5eb4f2abb124e7896993f6467ccabd7

You will ALL receive an email from me with the information when the artists confirm dates for the lecture sometime around mid February at 8:00PM EST.

By doing so you will receive the date,link, and time for when this online lecture will take place.

This is a BIG lecture where each of them will teach you one thing at a time. You will be joining a online video conference with other people (you won't be able to connect with your camera btw...just to watch and chat)

Thank you all for your help!!

Sincerely,

Irving Quant
Magicians United for Haiti

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Wait why does it say that the money will directly go to Irving Quant and why have not I heard on this from waynes or any of the magicians listed websites?

I dont know if I am going to donate I want to know it is actually going to a charity oh and the facebook link does not work.

The link has been replaced. Don't know why that link was posted instead.

The paypal account is mine since I didn't open a new one for the charity (working on the paper work right now. Waiting for the response from Paypal's transference team for it all)

As for why Wayne hasn't posted it, that is up to him. But here is what the Bucks have said:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...-twins/magicians-unite-for-haiti/298280241322

This is a legitimate event and proof of the money transference to the red cross will be posted. Red Cross does not take Paypal, but will take a personal check written by me or the organization's new paypal account that is being opened.

We are currently working on opening a domain site specifically for this. Server problems are present so we are looking for a person with hosting for a low cost since this will only be up for a month.

On top of all of this...do you really think I would steal this money when EVERYONE knows my DVD is about to be released? :p

The new list of artists (New ones added)

Chad Long
Paul Wilson
Aaron Fisher
Chris Brown
Irving Quant
Dorian Rhodell
Dan and Dave
Andi Gladwin
Ryan Swigert
Joshua Jay
Wayne Houchin

Sidekick: Some additional information for you to know is that Paypal inspects all accounts that are taking donations. I have presented information to them from the Red Cross (501c3 tax form for non-profit organizations) as well as information about my business.

Sep 7, 2008
Sounds interesting.
Are the lectures going to be available if we can't make the live feed?
Is it one big lecture, or a bunch of small ones?

Thanks for organizing this.

justin

This is from the Facebook page:

It will be one big lecture. There is no download at this point; it's only live. They might decide to make it downloadable later.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Sorry for being skeptical, had a bad problem with another thing like this and I lost some money but yeah I am in going to donate tomorrow.

" ok so i uploaded my video of my donation on the facebook group. What do i do now "

I will be sending you an email sometime around February 10th when I am hoping all things with the artists are finalized.

"Is there any way to make it a little more clear than by posting a bunch of guys names? "

Nop...any list with some of those guys in can only mean something cool and interesting :) But in case you are not being sarcastic: What do you want to know that hasn't already been posted?

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Is there any way to make it a little more clear than by posting a bunch of guys names?

Sorry I double posted,

Anyways Sir Fansalot this is basically a online lecture raising money for the Haiti Earthquake, the information on how to join the online magical lecture is in the OP.

I mean this is awesome, I have always wanted to see Paul Wilson as a Magician rather as a presenter in The Real Hustle.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Please donate through one of the two ways. This way I will be able to keep control of who has donated as well as have direct contact information.
I have made a video of the donation and it will be posted in the face book group video, and you can get my contact information on my facebook page, so....I dont see anything wrong with that as long as the money is going to the haiti relief?

I am having trouble with the paypal thing because my credit card now is expired and there is a problem with my contact information so it can take up to 3 months

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results