Cardini Change Help

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
Hey there people! I'm new here, and I LOVE this place. I'm fairly new to this kind of unorthodox flourishes and tricks, but I've always been amazed by the stuff that dan and dave does, so I finally decided to join you guys eventhough I knew it was going to be hard.

So, here's my question:
when I do the cardini change, these are the flaws that I realized.
1. Sound. it makes a big "flap" sound when I pull the top card away. I believe it must make no sound.

2. when I pull the top card, the cards below it tend to follow the top card. because of that, I found myself getting a thumb break at the top left corner of the deck, which I think is inaccurate.

3. when I do the cleanup, the deck seems to spread in my hand. it does not stay as a block in my hands, thus, I have to square up, but then it looks unnatural.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

Apr 7, 2009
Switzerland
Point 1: Try to make it look like you snap with your other hand the thumb of the "holding" hand, so that it makes a noise, louder than the snap.
Point 2: Give more pressure with the thumb of the "holding" hand, so that you can release only one card.

Dec 18, 2009
The 2 card thing is very common..well I had the problem atleast. I found that it righted itself through practice. Also the loud sound is essential and you can't do a silent cardini change...I think. The action/cover of flicking the card makes the audience think that the sound of the snap is caused by you flicking the deck. Try to do the change simultaneously the second you extend your fingers. That makes the "snapping" excuse more believable.

Jun 26, 2009
NY
practice practice..

There are methods to reduce the sound if that is a problem you want to solve.
Though it makes the move much more difficult to do...

There are other ways to do the cardini change effect...but with different..

Mechanics-

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results