Cascade Control...

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
So, I really am wanting to get the Cascade Control On Demand at Dan and Dave's. But there seems to be quite varied opinions on it. Some people say it's practically angle proof (with practice of course) and some say there is really only one angle that the specs can see. So...my question is this. Which is true? I'm quite willing to practice any move no matter how hard, so you can leave that out of the equation.
Thanks in advance.:D

Cheers

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I have a review for it somewhere I believe.

It's technically kind of difficult and not totally angle proof, but done on the offbeat and within the right frame it's amazing and flies right by the spectator.

Ian

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
it's such a subtle move, I find angles don't really matter, as long as I'm relaxed and filling in with chit-chat and directing the spectator's eyes to my face while I perform the slieght.

the slieght is exposed on the same side as the hand that the waterfall is cascading from... still, it being a waterfall there's nothing for the spec to suspect. if they see anything, it's just part of casually airing out the cards... just like Dave says... Unless of course you perform the slieght badly.

Nov 8, 2007
Basically there is an angle but, done properly, no one should see anything anyhow. It's the same as performing a good pass or top change--natural misdirection makes the move invisible.

It's a good control, but it will take a bit of practice. If you feel like you really need another control in your arsenal, and you want to put in the work, go for it.

Jan 30, 2010
its angle proof with enough practice and if you do it fast enough

its pretty easy if you already know how to waterfall. but if you dont he explains it in the explanation

gavinross

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
toledo, ohio
I use it simply to change up the controls that I use. I tend to use it as my 1st control b/c you can show that it really is going in the middle of the deck. Kind of sets the spectators up to believe from then on when you put a card in the middle of the deck, it's really theirs.
There are slight angle issues on the left side (assuming you're a righty), but ive never been called on it. Solid move, worth every penny.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results