The Last Trick That Completely Floored You

May 7, 2009
What was the last effect that you saw live that completely floored you? you didn't catch one move and it left you with your jaw dropped.

I don't know if this counts, but that one thing in David Blaine's book where it is supposed to tell you about yourself and it says, "And you have a scar on your left knee." I the time I read that, I had just gotten a scrape on my left knee the day before, so needles to say I was totally freaked out! Good ol' cold reading lol.

May 17, 2008
Last trick I saw that totaly blew my mind was when I was at sorcerers safarie magic camp and Jason Dean showed me this trick where the deck disapears and shows up under the case. Its a basic concept but the way he misdirected and conected with me he totaly coverd anything he coulda done and it blew my mind how perfect it was

Jun 2, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I saw a card under watch routine at a closeup show a while back that caught me completly off guard. I also saw Norman beck perform an excellent closeup routine once and suprised me with an appearing baseball bat at the end. And I too have a scar on my left knee and when I read that it freaked me out too

May 31, 2008
Gerry Griffin floors me every time I walk into Cal Magic...too bad they're not going to sell magic anymore. I haven't been in over four months (and I can WALK there in heartbeat).

Another recent effect that gets me every time is "Spin" by Matt Sconce. I'm not going to buy it though, it's not really my style.

Sep 16, 2008
Most of David Blaine stuff which got me started , I think it was in his drowned alive special where a piece of thread went in his hand, I have no clue how he did that, hope someone releases it soon ! or you can pm me the secret

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
We must be working with different definitions of irony, how is what I said ironic?

Penn And Teller attempt to show their audience the other side of magic other than just hocus pocus smoke and mirrors. Thats why its ironic.

For me... ironically... (hahah?) Teller's Shadows

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sorry, but that's not irony.

They are the last thing that floored me was Penn & Teller. There wasn't one specific effect they did that floored me, I've been puzzling over their entire act since I saw it.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Sorry, but that's not irony.

They are the last thing that floored me was Penn & Teller. There wasn't one specific effect they did that floored me, I've been puzzling over their entire act since I saw it.

irony: incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs; "the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated"

watch any Penn and Teller youtube video and it is probably them performing a trick then revealing it. How does an explanation floor you? thus... irony

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results