CTC: Coin Through Card

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I've been using a coin through card for a while now. When I saw your title I was a bit shocked. But after watching it, it is very different.

As far as C2C goes, does anyone have that? I tried to do something like this, but it was not practical at all.

Oct 10, 2007
Hi Chrisbo,

C2C is a signed coin to signed card effect. Which means the coin ends up inside he card.

For my effect, the coin penetrates the card, leaving the card unharmed. The front and back of both the card and coin are shown to the spectator. The size of the cup or glass does not really matter.

I'm sorry if the video is not bright enough, maybe adjusting the brightness of your computer screen will help. I'll upload another live performance video.

If any of you guys know of any illusion that looks exactly like this, please inform me so that I can check with the other creators if we are using the same methods.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
When I was researching my coin through card effect a while ago, I found a few ideas very similar (in presentation) to your on various video sites. I found nothing published or sold so far that would actually fool real spectators.

However keep searching because I am by no means an all knowing source.

Good luck.

Jul 13, 2009
I think I remember me doing something like this a few years back when I was actually performing >>. I had a card lost in the deck and said I was going to find the card using the coin. I then went through the motions of making the coin seem to melt through the cards where a gap slowly began to manifest in the sides of the deck as if to indicate that the coin actually was materializing in the middle of the deck.
The cards were cut at the gap and revealed there was no coin only a coin like bulge in the card, which of course was the signed selection.

I think that maybe C2C, it is where you have to split the card correct?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results