Rubber Band Magic

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
hey guys i'm starting to look into rubber band magic. any suggestions on the best spot to START in rubber band magic?

(if your thinkin, what about the money stuff he wanted to do, i've had a revelation that money magic isnt for me)

May 3, 2008
Most rubberband magic is quite simple. Some of it can have some tricky set-ups but most of it is pretty easy. You don't really have to start in a specific place.

Some fantastic rubberband effects though are:

-Pixel by David Jade (From Dan and Dave.com)

-Crazy Man's Handcuffs

-Jacob's Ladder by Daniel Garcia (from Symphony)

-Stairway by Marcus Eddie (From Five and easier than Jacob's Ladder to me)

That's just a few but they're all really good.

Nov 30, 2007
If you happen to own Totally Out of Control by Chris Kenner, definitely dig through that and find Missing Link. If you don't own the book, you could try the 1-on-1. I would highly recommend this effect, it is a great and practical piece of magic.

Sep 1, 2007
hey guys i'm starting to look into rubber band magic. any suggestions on the best spot to START in rubber band magic?

(if your thinkin, what about the money stuff he wanted to do, i've had a revelation that money magic isnt for me)

Have a look at Phantom Band 360. http://www.thementalplayground.com/phantomband.html

The only band and bill penetration effect out there that can be done:

Completely Surrounded
With No Gimmicks
Totally Impromptu

Nov 8, 2008
I can personally suggest Banding Around by Russell Leeds. I own it myself, and of the dozen tricks that are on it, about 10 of the are killer, impromptu works of art. They're not going to be easy, but they are worth the work.

There is also Band Shark by Dan Harlan. I don't own this myself, but I have heard great things about it. Incidentally, there is a trick there that looks just like Stairway, but instead of a dollar it uses a spectators hand, which makes the effect stronger.

If you're looking for a book, consider getting Elastrix (there are 2 volumes). Once again, I don't own this, but I saw this in Tannen's Magic Shop and it looked good.

Hope this helps!

Sep 1, 2007
You obviously haven't seen Stairway then.

Oh do you mean from that brand new DVD that came out only 4 days ago? You're right, I haven't seen the explanation yet.

I released Phantom Band 360 in 2006. In its 4 years of time, you obviously haven't seen it yet.

While Stairway is a great effect, each of these effects offer different things.

For example, Phantom Band does not require an extensive set-up, and is very easy to perform, even for a beginner.

I recommend looking at both, and choosing the right one for you, and your performing situation.

May 3, 2008
Oh do you mean from that brand new DVD that came out only 4 days ago? You're right, I haven't seen the explanation yet.

I released Phantom Band 360 in 2006. In its 4 years of time, you obviously haven't seen it yet.

While Stairway is a great effect, each of these effects offer different things.

For example, Phantom Band does not require an extensive set-up, and is very easy to perform, even for a beginner.

I recommend looking at both, and choosing the right one for you, and your performing situation.

I wasn't aware that you were the creator of the effect and I meant no disrespect to you or your effect in any way and I apologize if that's the way my post sounded. I was mainly trying to say that I love Stairway because, like your effect, it is both easy, impromptu, and practically angle-proof. Also, I posted that before seeing your effect and they are clearly two different effects.

Once again I apologize if my post seemed to intend any hatred towards you or your effect.

May 3, 2008
I can personally suggest Banding Around by Russell Leeds. I own it myself, and of the dozen tricks that are on it, about 10 of the are killer, impromptu works of art. They're not going to be easy, but they are worth the work.

There is also Band Shark by Dan Harlan. I don't own this myself, but I have heard great things about it. Incidentally, there is a trick there that looks just like Stairway, but instead of a dollar it uses a spectators hand, which makes the effect stronger.

If you're looking for a book, consider getting Elastrix (there are 2 volumes). Once again, I don't own this, but I saw this in Tannen's Magic Shop and it looked good.

Hope this helps!

Actually, Stairway is based on Dan Harlan's effect. And I find that a great personal connection to the effect that Stairway provides is the fact that the spectators can hold the bill as it travels both up and down the bands.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results