Control - Reactions?

Feb 5, 2010
For the people that know how to do control or have done it. What kind of reactions did you get?

I performed this trick to a co-worker on our break, and half way through when I stopped my pulse, she started to cry and let go of my wrist. So she didn't feel me "come back" but still it was an amazing reaction.

Jun 26, 2009
i just got 2.0 but i haven't performed it yet. it seems to me though that it is pretty hard hitting

Apr 1, 2009
California
You are stopping your pulse... Can it get more powerful, when performed correctly (that's the key part). Now, one of the more interesting aspects of the technique is that not only can you slow your heart beat to a stop, you can also speed it up.. you have full control. So the possibilities of your presentation are endless.

Jun 1, 2009
I've only done it to my friend so far to test it out, and he loved it. Not like a freak out, but the reaction was like "What the F**k!?"

And as Asher said, you can do more than stop it.
Dexter gives an example where you have them name a number, then your pulse beats that many times then just stops.

Freaking great.

May 3, 2008
Well picture the reaction people would get if you died and came back to life, turn it down 3 or 4 knoches, and that's about it.

Jan 16, 2008
Unfortunately, I'm still having trouble finding the right atmosphere and situation to perform CONTROL. *sigh* It's just too powerful to throw it at my classmates, yet I only perform it to my classmates or churchmates.

If only.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The Johnson Justification is amazing. I used it today in rehersals for my new show fried all my close friends who were watching it.

I used this in a strange sort of not really slowing / stopping my pulse but deep relaxation to go onto my closer. Sort of what Derren did in SWTWC but still a little different.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys,

It's AWESOME to hear that you're having fun with Control. Have any of you had the opportunity to try The Johnson Justification yet?

WH

I actually got to use this when performing for my girlfriends family. Her mom is a nurse which is handy for lots of reasons (free medical advice) and I used her as my professional for the Johnston Justification. She was in shock after Laruen (girlfriends sister's friend...that's complicated to think through) stopped counting and freaked out.

I didn't tell her the method, but I definitely reassured her I wasn't doing anything really dangerous (away from the rest of the people) so she wouldn't worry about me performing this illusion.

The justification really takes control to another level, not that stopping your pulse was ever weak, but having a doctor or nurse back you up on what you're saying increases the impact and really has people believing in your super voo-doo powers.

Wayne, thanks for updating the content and sending it to everyone who already bought Control, great addition to an already awesome effect.

Hey guys,

It's AWESOME to hear that you're having fun with Control. Have any of you had the opportunity to try The Johnson Justification yet?

WH

I performed the original version of Control in most of my shows throughout 2008 and 2009, with few exceptions. It was one part of the act that those who had seen my show before were both afraid and interested to see again.
The new footage, ideas and tips in 2.0 have really made this one of the focal points in my act now. I have recently started rehearsing with the Johnson Justification and so far the feel of the effect, and the reactions of the people on my crew have been nothing short of incredible. It feels like a whole new effect for me. Can't wait to perform it on stage in front of an audience next month.

Feb 5, 2010
Hey guys,

WH

Hey Wayne.
I haven't had the opporunity to use the Johnson Justifications yet. But I'm waiting to use that when one of my friends is there. she is a nursing student so I think it will work well then.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results