Small hands? Stop making excuses!

Sep 2, 2007
Didn't take the time to search if this has already been posted here...

Wayne Houchin has an excellent "small hands" video on his site, but I don't think anything speaks volumes more so than the following clip.

Basically, if you're complaining that you can't do something because of small hands, shut up and keep practicing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qDYk2G1PiI

Jan 13, 2008
Didn't take the time to search if this has already been posted here...

From an E mod, haha.

Yeah, it's been posted numerous times. Once in the past week, even, I believe. Although, they posted a second video to go along with it (of the same guy, doing a different trick).

Edit: Three days ago. :)

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Max Malini has really small hands, in fact a friend of his said that if he was to palm a card you could see the edges. He used incredible misdirection.

I have reasonable sized hands so its okay for me I guess

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
That's wicked, better than the average magician who has the use of their hands.

I've never complained. But I have larger than average hands.

My girlfriend also says I'm the only person she knows with palm muscles that can actively flex.

I blame a mix of video games, sports, and magic. Every job I've ever had was working with my hands as well, so I'm sure they helped as well.

Sep 2, 2007
Sorry to clutter... just trying to help.

Everyone who has already posted in this thread gets a free "post before searching pardon" from me over at E.

;)

Dec 21, 2009
This guy truly inspired me. I have complained of small hands, but never stopped practicing the move unless it would HURT my hands badly, but... wow.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
This reminds me of a magician from before who apparently had no arms or legs. Not sure if its true or not.
Although it applies a lot, the dont complain thing, there are situations which small hands just cant handle
I have tiny hands, smaller than sankey, asher, anyone else. Cant fully palm a card, but can palm within performance.
But the problem is, there are things which I just can't do. The Thumb Cut for example has been bugging me for ever. Still cant do it, thus cant do the Cobra Cut.
Within magic wise... Not really, but big hands would help so much more. And there are usually replacements for hard moves with small hands anyways.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Matthias Buchinger, 'The little man of Nuremburg.' He had no arms or legs, but he did have 14 children.

Just watched Ricky Jay and his 52 Assistants again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results