Guardians... no support?!

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I remember JB saying that Guardians were T11s best selling deck. Nice. I love them, by far my favourite cards around.

But why no support for them. No different colours, no gaffs, no utility cards (minus the double backer) NOTHING.

Why?

Lets have a look at what happens when E puts out a deck of cards. Svengalis. Rising Card Decks. Strippers. GAFF decks. They make sure, that if you are going to use these decks for magic, that you're prepared for anything that you want to do. Why should I have to switch deck obviously just because I want to perform the invisible deck? I'd rather have a guardian invisible deck that I can effortlessly switch out whenever I needed it. But now I have to go to another deck, seems slightly suspiscious?

Here's the thing. I'm not really into GAFF cards per se BUT I do like the classics like 3 1/2 of clubs and stuff, I'd love a blank faced guardian card. Im not into gaff decks but if they were put out, I'd buy them happily. Most importantly, due to the fact that Guardians have slightly different court colours and red pips, that makes substituting different cards in near impossible. Sure I could use black spot cards, but what if I need 4 different coloured aces...no chance! I'd love a utility deck, just full of handy stuff. Like the deck that was produced that had double backs, double facers, 3 of clubs and all this random stuff.

Sure, there are people that will just say, get over it and use bikes...they're cheaper anyway. The thing is, I shouldn't have to. There should be support for T11s most popular item on the site.

I don't want to have to change decks. I love Guardians, I love the look and colour so much. But sometimes I feel there is no other choice with the lack of support.

Cmon T11, whats the deal? WHERES THE SUPPORT

Also, anyway who tells me to get into card splitting. Go away. I don't want to have to split cards. The cards I need and want to use (and I'm sure there are PLENTY of other people) should be readily available.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
You should split cards! :p Kidding, I hope you have a sense of humor. :D

Lol, you could probably make your suggestion a little bit friendlier than that. It's not a lack of support, it is a lack of time and demand for something that may or may not be lucrative in the business market. I don't think you understand the hours of work required to do something like that. I'm sure it's on a to-do list somewhere, I have seen people request this before. It's a lot of work to create any of those trick decks that you quickly typed out, some of them have to be custom made. They would be very expensive with custom decks.

Anyways, I completely agree. Was holding guardians while reading this post... an invisible deck would be nice too - althought that is something you can create on your own.

You should split cards! :p Kidding, I hope you have a sense of humor. :D

Lol, you could probably make your suggestion a little bit friendlier than that. It's not a lack of support, it is a lack of time and demand for something that may or may not be lucrative in the business market. I don't think you understand the hours of work required to do something like that. I'm sure it's on a to-do list somewhere, I have seen people request this before. It's a lot of work to create any of those trick decks that you quickly typed out, some of them have to be custom made. They would be very expensive with custom decks.

Anyways, I completely agree. Was holding guardians while reading this post... an invisible deck would be nice too - althought that is something you can create on your own.

Exactly, it does take a lot of work for gaff decks to be produced and needless to say more expensive, I would pressume. You are actually the first I have heard ask about this so it doesn't really seem in high demand from the community

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
How can they know that they're not in demand if they aren't produced. I'm not asking for a gaff deck with skulls that reveal the queen of clubs. I'm more asking for utility cards that can be used in effects. Such as double faced GUARDIAN FACES. Double backed guardian on one side, red on the other. That kind of thing.

I'm sure that E and T11 target reasonably the same market, and E has everything you could ask for under the sun. I'm sure they wouldn't make them if they weren't lucrative. I HONESTLY don't think it's too much to ask for considering they're probably one of the most used and brought products on the site. In fact I think it should probably be a definate.

I know there have been threads like this before, but I would love to hear from JR or JB or someone. I just think it's silly to expect people to use your cards but not offer any support for them.

May 3, 2008
Honestly I would never use a gaff deck based off of guardians. I would only use bicycle gaffs. Also, theory 11 don't produce trick decks, they just don't.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
How can they know that they're not in demand if they aren't produced. I'm not asking for a gaff deck with skulls that reveal the queen of clubs. I'm more asking for utility cards that can be used in effects. Such as double faced GUARDIAN FACES. Double backed guardian on one side, red on the other. That kind of thing.

uh, im pretty sure the deck came with double backs, and yknow, if your double facer is black, theres not much difference

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
Right...thanks for reading the thread. Unless you're going to contribute you can leave.

I just want a word from the high ups.

I know most people don't need gaffs to perform Tivo 2 and the other myriad of tricks that are oh so popular at the moment but I like performing tricks that may require a certain card or cards to be used

Jan 13, 2008
Also, anyway who tells me to get into card splitting. Go away. I don't want to have to split cards. The cards I need and want to use (and I'm sure there are PLENTY of other people) should be readily available.
So let me get this straight...because you're too lazy to put in the time to make your own utility cards, you would rather just have T11 do all the work for you? I sure hope you don't take this type of approach to your magic, too. I can see it now...a routine purely composed of self-working tricks, heh. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what you have against card splitting, but it's a nice and easy (and quick) way to make utility cards for any type of deck. Definitely a useful skill to learn.

Jupiter said:
I just want a word from the high ups.
Then you probably should have just PMed one of them. Your lazy ways definitely aren't getting sympathy from us. :rolleyes:

Jul 14, 2008
People have different taste on deck of cards whether it would suit magic or not. By the way, making a gaff deck made up of Guardians would be very expensive to produce. Theory11 does not produce trick decks at all.

Dec 18, 2009
If they were made I doubt many people would buy them...I'm a fan of impromptu tricks. I would never buy a rising or stripper deck.

Nov 7, 2009
I have to agree. I would stripper, brainwave, invisible, svengali, rising card and gaff card decks for all T11 decks... I would definatally get some.

Nov 10, 2009
I'll Only tell PedoBear
I remember JB saying that Guardians were T11s best selling deck. Nice. I love them, by far my favourite cards around.

But why no support for them. No different colours, no gaffs, no utility cards (minus the double backer) NOTHING.

Why?

Lets have a look at what happens when E puts out a deck of cards. Svengalis. Rising Card Decks. Strippers. GAFF decks. They make sure, that if you are going to use these decks for magic, that you're prepared for anything that you want to do. Why should I have to switch deck obviously just because I want to perform the invisible deck? I'd rather have a guardian invisible deck that I can effortlessly switch out whenever I needed it. But now I have to go to another deck, seems slightly suspiscious?

Here's the thing. I'm not really into GAFF cards per se BUT I do like the classics like 3 1/2 of clubs and stuff, I'd love a blank faced guardian card. Im not into gaff decks but if they were put out, I'd buy them happily. Most importantly, due to the fact that Guardians have slightly different court colours and red pips, that makes substituting different cards in near impossible. Sure I could use black spot cards, but what if I need 4 different coloured aces...no chance! I'd love a utility deck, just full of handy stuff. Like the deck that was produced that had double backs, double facers, 3 of clubs and all this random stuff.

Sure, there are people that will just say, get over it and use bikes...they're cheaper anyway. The thing is, I shouldn't have to. There should be support for T11s most popular item on the site.

I don't want to have to change decks. I love Guardians, I love the look and colour so much. But sometimes I feel there is no other choice with the lack of support.

Cmon T11, whats the deal? WHERES THE SUPPORT

here his your support

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
good one daspazzz.

but i'm not against gimmicked cards i think that just doing sleights with normal cards is super beneficial, but i'm not gonna deny the awesome stuff that i do with my stripper deck.

and what spectator is going to know better? some decks, sure, their gonna see the difference if they look close, but a stripper deck, i've let people inspect it all the time, but before i do i make sure to mix it up so that the secret works to hide itself. if you own a stripper deck you should be able to figure that out.

and i use a stripper deck like a normal deck and perform my normal tricks all the time, without using the little gimmick. its amazing.

Sep 1, 2007
New Zealand
I don't think that I was being unreasonable in my request. I am obviously out of my depth here being linked to Erdnase by guys who are far more experienced than me and being told that I must only perform self working card tricks in my set. I'm sure that person clearly performs more than I do

Thanks guys

Sep 3, 2007
I don't think that I was being unreasonable in my request. I am obviously out of my depth here being linked to Erdnase by guys who are far more experienced than me and being told that I must only perform self working card tricks in my set. I'm sure that person clearly performs more than I do

Thanks guys

Not even an issue brother. The thing about decks of cards is they are just decks of cards. The more you want them to change the more they are "different" from the original.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
Not even an issue brother. The thing about decks of cards is they are just decks of cards. The more you want them to change the more they are "different" from the original.

i disagree brother. i think that as long as its the same to the spectator, whats the difference? if they cant tell your using an invisible deck. whats the matter?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Alright the thing about your request for these gaffs for the Guardian is unreasonable for a few reasons. I personally love the guardians and they are one of my favorites.

1. Its expensive to produce. If you want gaffs or gimmicks to be produced for the Guardian, then it is only reasonable for T11 to produce them for all the other decks. This probably wont do well on the market as some decks do better than others and production cost and time just wont be very economically efficient. Imagine a just hypothetically it takes 5000 dollars to produce a gaff deck for one of the decks. Now multiply that by all the decks they have. All the customers have different preferences. If the demand for each deck does not out weigh the production cost of all the decks as a whole, then there is market failure.

2. T11 is not a gaff making company as far as I know. They have made gimmicks, but not gaff cards. Your decks come with a utility card but thats it. No CAJ, no gaff deck, no double face deck.

3. Dont ask for a deck just because you are lazy. "I don't want to have to split cards. The cards I need and want to use (and I'm sure there are PLENTY of other people) should be readily available." Basically this can be translated into "split cards? Im too lazy to learn and dont want to put out the money to do so. A bunch of people are just like me. We want results which are just a click of a button away." Go learn to split cards. Its cheaper than a gaff deck and you can make much more than some gaff deck can provide. You can make anything you want. Just learn the art of card splitting properly and I promise you will enjoy the payback. You arent even asking for gaff cards which E has, you just want utility cards. Get off your ass and make some. You mouse wont do everything for you.

4. It is not the "they dont know there isnt a demand if they dont try" arguement. Companies cannot go off and print off 100 decks just to "test the waters" Thats not how it works. It takes time, money, design, paperwork, labour, resources. If after they try it out and it fails, then the company will be out of a lot of money.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results