Charlier Cut - Variation

Feb 10, 2010
Hi All,

Firstly, Hi, I'm new to the theory 11 forums!

I saw a variation of the charlier cut done the other day, i've seen it a few different times, blaines done it a couple of times and i think i've seen Dan Garcia do it, but i have no idea what it's called!

What happens is,
When the charlier cut is done, rather than dropping the packet over the top, the packet is lifted in the fingers and rotated and dropped down the back of the second packet! It's a really cool looking cut, i have no idea what its called and i've probably confused everyone!

But if anyone can advise i'd appreciate it :)

Thanks,

Oly

Jul 14, 2008
You had me confused me, I was wondering if you can give us a link of a variation of a charlier cut you are referring to. By the way, welcome to Theory11.

Mar 12, 2009
That is the "revolution cut".

It is taught many many places, I think pretty much any DVD with cuts has it included.

It is pretty straight-forward, I think if you watched that clip you linked to some times, you could get it down easily.

Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
it's taught in 3 resources I can think of:

De'Vo Xtreme Beginners Vol. 1 (with text instruction)
Andrei Jikh Genesis (Verbal instruction)
and Dan and Dave's Everything Else from thier Trilogy Series in the Flourishes 101 section (no text nor verbal cues... you're on your own baby!)

All 3 show different nuances regarding technique that's not necessarily touched upon in the teaching.

From a value perspective, get Genesis if you're just getting into cardistry.

If you're interested in magic also, save up for the entire Trilogy. It's absolutely worth every penny! Everything Else's value really shines in combination with the other 2 or 3 volumes.

Just my 2 kunucks worth.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
I did research for you to confirm what I had been thinking.

You can find this move, taught by the creator of it, on Brian Tudor's Show Off - Vol.1 DVD. It is called the One Handed Revolution.

Other places teach it (I know Dan and Dave Buck do, and I learned it from d+M's Dangerous DVDs) but this is straight from the source.

L

Feb 10, 2010
Guys,

Thanks all very much for the help, since i've posted this i've got Genesis on the way.
I've been into card Magic for some time and can do a fair amount of tricks and do perform to audiences.
However cardistry is something i want to get under my belt to "buff up" my presentation a bit.

Thanks again, very helpful

Thanks,

OlyF

Sep 6, 2009
However cardistry is something i want to get under my belt to "buff up" my presentation a bit.
OlyF

I just wanted to give you some advice on this : If you want to use cardistry to "buff up" your magic, this means that the magic is caused by your hands and your skills. One common usage will be in gambling demonstrations

Do you really want to get into that field?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results