card to mouth.

Feb 5, 2010
for those that got this trick in the 1:1 section.
have you been able to trick someone with it?
and how well does it work with a group of people?

Feb 9, 2010
Boston
If it's the same method as the one from Dan and Dave (which I think it is) then yes. The misdirection is awesome and with a good presentation you can get this to hit hard.

I know it seems simple and a little bold but it does work if you believe it will (I know that sounds lame but it's true).

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
This one has a different method than Dan and Dave's, but the concept is the same.

I too have fooled the crap out of people, lots of people in fact, with this. The misdirection is awesome, and nobody knows what is coming. This is not, however, a trick you can do twice for most people.

L

Jun 1, 2009
I didn't get it from the one on one section, (Trilogy) but this is one of my favorite things to do. Like the others had said, this fools the tar out of people.

This is not, however, a trick you can do twice for most people.

L

The only way I see doing it twice for someone is to present it in a different way. If you say "push it in for me" the first time, then "Watch as I leave it sticking out" the second time, you might be able to get away with it.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I do card to mouth from trilogy and the version with the entire card going into the mouth via MF. Both are excellent tricks, caution should be used with the full card to mouth method since it comes out covered in saliva.

This is not, however, a trick you can do twice for most people.

True, I developed a routine using a palm that allowed for a second time while the spectator was shuffling. It's a huge kicker but I dropped the routine as a whole.

Jul 26, 2009
This is honestly one of my favourite tricks to perform. It always gets great reactions, you can do it twice if you really watch the spectators. Im usually covered because i tell them to push the card into the pack so naturally they are looking at it, then blam they crap their pants.

Feb 5, 2010
i will have to try it. i just thought it wouldnt work well with a group of people because a few would most likely look up at you. lol.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
You don't have nothing to worry about. You should have enough misdirection to pull this up. I you are nervous of doing this try it for one person, then two and ect.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
It works very well, just do it.

Some people will notice before others, but that's fine. It's kind of fun watching as people figure it out one by one. I did a table hopping gig a little bit ago, did this for a table of four. Two parents, two kids. It was funny watching first the mom, then the dad, then the daughter then the son (Who I was focusing the trick on) finally figure out that the card was in my mouth.

When I do it, since it's part of my ACR, I snap my fingers over the deck and pause for a beat or two, then point up. Usually what happens is people stare at the deck for a second, then my finger, look confused, then look up and react.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results