The Enigma Change

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What's up everybody? yep I was bored, I have been playing a little bit with a sleight (that I'm sure it isn't new, I'm not going to say that I independently discovered it), and I was testing it on some tricks and what not, then I came up with a really simple color change (wich I'm sure it isn't new, I'm not going to say that I independently discovered it) and it looks decent :).

Then I remebered this thread ---> Click me! <--- and I remebered the micro tiny flash that gave the method away in that color change (wich he independently discovered) and realised that the methods were pretty similar :).

So the equation is like this:

The "be kind" change motion Wich you can buy here

+

The little sleight that I have been playing for a while now

+

The micro tiny flash that gave the other guy's method away

=

THE ENIGMA CHANGE

Hope you guys get my point :p.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I really think that's a very rude thing to do. You can be the better person and just post a videos saying you independently discovered it. You don't need to go be a jerk in order to prove a point.

Ian

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
He's basically saying, "You're stupid because you flashed and were erroneous enough to claim something as your own. I can do it too, here's my tribute to you."

Ian

Try to make it a positive thing, he never gave the impression that he thought you were stupid. You flashed it but that's no big deal, check out his video to get an idea of how it was suppose to look, but then again, i'm pretty sure you can do it too ;)

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Not really. He basically saying this "This little flash inspire me to created this change" Your flash and how your method inspire him. Also a couple of other sleights as well. Don't really know the method because you deleted the video you made on your nano change.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
He's basically saying, "You're stupid because you flashed and were erroneous enough to claim something as your own. I can do it too, here's my tribute to you."

Ian
Stop being so sensitive. He didn't say anything like that about you, he was basically saying it inspired him. No offense meant, but cool off.:)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Not really. He basically saying this "This little flash inspire me to created this change" Your flash and how your method inspire him. Also a couple of other sleights as well. Don't really know the method because you deleted the video you made on your nano change.

Yep, I was playing with the sleight (the tenkai steal as previously mentioned) but I wasn't really sure what to use it for besides the steal, then I remembered this guy video and thought "hey I can use it as a color change" and since the idea was his ( I mean, rediscovered by him, the original to use this as a color change is tony chang I believe) that's why I decided to use his name for the change, because the idea that I had to use it as color change was because a video of his :).

By the way, If I have some time tomorrow, I would like to upload a video teaching the sleight and it's uses :).

I really think that's a very rude thing to do. You can be the better person and just post a videos saying you independently discovered it. You don't need to go be a jerk in order to prove a point.

First of all I didn't independently discovered it, I am pretty sure that the concept has been flying around for a pretty long time :p.

Btw, you can be the better person and just mature and don't take things that way, don't take this the wrong way, but you are not that important for me to be thinking like " how can I Fu#q this guy's life?" I just took inspiration from your video and decided to use your nickname as name for the change, that's it, there isn't anything else to it.
:)

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Great ideas there in the change.

Here are a few opinions regarding performance that I think will make it a bit better (w/o changing the mechanics too much).

Obviously you need to turn the original card over in the manner you do, to be able to do the change w/ your mechanics, so we can't change that, but I suggest using the points Tony gives in his Be Kind change, about relaxing your right hand a bit before doing the change.

The moment of the change is good, but I feel the moment before the change is too rushed, and I never get to really see the original card that will soon be changed. If I don't get to burn the image of the original card into my mind, that card changing becomes more of a, "heh? did something just happen, oh, maybe I think the card changed. I dont know how, but I think that is what happened." If you slow down the change and let us absorb the moment before the magic, then it becomes, "WTF? that 4 of clubs just changed into a FREAKING 10 of diamonds!! How the hell???" type moment.

Sep 1, 2007
Porthcawl, Wales.
Hey,

This is identical to a change that I've been doing for the past 4-5 years.

At first I thought that I had independently created it, but then after speaking to Paul Daniel's (world famous british magician) at Cardiff Magic Convention three years ago, he told me that it was to be credited to Tenkai (obviously) and also to such people as Max Malini from the early 1900's for stealing a card in to palm as to be used in a colour change.

Hope this helps man.

This change is a work horse and it's by far the change that I've used most in performance over the years.

Cheers,

Lloyd

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
At first I thought that I had independently created it, but then after speaking to Paul Daniel's (world famous british magician) at Cardiff Magic Convention three years ago, he told me that it was to be credited to Tenkai (obviously) and also to such people as Max Malini from the early 1900's for stealing a card in to palm as to be used in a colour change.

Lloyd

Thanks for the info! :)

As i said I have been using the move for quite some time for other things, but the idea for the change just came by.

Thanks for the pointers btw Tokyo, I don't own the "be kind" change, I just got inspired by the motions of the hand, btu most likely I think I will buy it, it's a lovely change, and after reading all the good ztuuf that you have writed about it, it only intrigues me more.

Thanks for everything.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Sorry, the way it came off was a kind of let-me-prove-myself-to-you kind of charade. If I got the wrong impression, I do apologize. It's just that I had negative feedback on that change and it seemed as if you rubbed it in my face by making fun of me or such.

Well I hope we're on the same page now.

Ian

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
looks great. Be careful though, that looks exactly like Gary Kurtz "Flutter Change".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results