When you know your getting good at magic...

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i love that cabaret thing keokesilverfang....

never heard it before, and it probably means something totally different to me than you. but i love it.

- when you stop thinking about magic every single moment of the day.

why? that really doesnt make much sense.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
When you realize that the best stuff can be done with the easiest and simplest sleights or even without much sleight of hand at all.

amen my brethren. i kill with nothing but a backslip force, double lift, key card, over hand shuffle control, and occasional glide in my repertoire

i've tried more complex stuff, but. nothing has the same effect as that stuff. not any of the passes i've learned. or the fancy triple cuts.sure i'll use them as outs when some ***hole says the cards on top. now bottom, still bottom.
top again.

then i do a classic pass, and a triple cut. "HA! NOW WHERE IS IT PUNK????"

sorry i was just reviewing my day and how i did that. i even managed to overhand shuffle control my way out of one of those situations. it was an eye opening moment.

"the sixes are on the bottom, shuffle again"

*over hand shuffle running last 8 or so cards*

"hows that?"

"ok now do the trick"

*inner victory dance*

you heard me right. squelched a particular heckler with the first chapter of royal road!

EDIT: sorry really wanted to share. and i got on a roll.

I was at youth group and i was doing some rubber band trick and stuff and getting great reactions. I'm a junior btw. The youth group was at this fathers house. I showed the father and i think his nephew a trick that i just made up on the spot. What happen was, the father gave me a old coin and i asked if I could look at it, and i was looking at it, put it in my other hand and brought out another coin and talked about the coin i got. I took my left hand that (supposedly had the coin in) and acted like i almost swallowed it, and I couldn't believe the look on their faces. I looked at a napkin container and said what's that at the bottom? And their coin was it the bottom of the napkin container. The Kid and the father were pretty surprised and freaked out. It was pretty awesome. I couldn't believe that i amazed someone with just coming up with crap. it was just a cool experience i thought i'd share with you guys. I think when something like this happens, you know your getting pretty darn good at magic.

Has this ever happened to you guys?
No, Actually you know you are getting good at magic when:

you get paid to do what you do....

when people are entertained, (it doesn't matter how many tricks you know)

when you are you spectators are having fun....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results