WOW, copy much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2010
Theory11 releases some custom Bicycle decks with completely new, original backs and change the entire ball game for everyone.

The next deck Ellusionist releases is a completely new back design, right after their other 10 or so same back, visually modified Bicycle back decks.

And it just feels like they're going after what T11 did with the Rising Card app. Sure, T11 and E aren't the only brands with iPhone apps, but does no one spot the similarities?

Am I a fan boy? No. I don't even shop at Theory11. And for the record, observing isn't acting prejudice.

I've just noticed subtle changes on E since '07 that slightly mock T11.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
There are a ton of other magic apps on the market. So I guess all those other guys are just ripping off Theory11 because they pioneered the market on magic iphone apps. *sarcasm*

Theory11 releases some custom Bicycle decks with completely new, original backs and change the entire ball game for everyone.

The next deck Ellusionist releases is a completely new back design, right after their other 10 or so same back, visually modified Bicycle back decks.

And it just feels like they're going after what T11 did with the Rising Card app. Sure, T11 and E aren't the only brands with iPhone apps, but does no one spot the similarities?

Am I a fan boy? No. I don't even shop at Theory11. And for the record, observing isn't acting prejudice.

I've just noticed subtle changes on E since '07 that slightly mock T11.

For the record, as far as I'm aware it is now not possible to alter the Rider Back Design of the USPCC after a new guy took over the place last year. The only ones still allowed to be produced are ones that were in production before the new ruling. This might have now changed - I'm not sure - but I don't think it has.

Therefore, if E (or anyone else for that matter) wished to produce a new deck of cards, it would either have to have the standard Rider Back Design...or they'd have to come up with something completely new.

Which they have - as T-11 have - done.

All very simple, very boring and very less cloak and dagger than it looks.

Rabid

Sep 3, 2007
All very simple, very boring and very less cloak and dagger than it looks.

Rabid

Looks like a pretty cool trick to me. Too bad I don't have an Iphone. Where you been bro? Reinstate my E account buddy. I had a bad night (I'm sure you know about those...).

Sep 1, 2007
Sure, T11 and E aren't the only brands with iPhone apps,

End of discussion.

Is your life really so devoid of excitement that you need this conspiracy theory drama to add spice to it?

[edited by moderator to remove profanity]

Jan 17, 2010
My life? How about yours? Getting angry over a silly forum topic that I posted when bored studying one night.

And a moderator had to edit your post? Grow up and work on that website.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
My life? How about yours? Getting angry over a silly forum topic that I posted when bored studying one night.

And a moderator had to edit your post? Grow up and work on that website.

I don't see the point of this thread.

You should take your own advice friend. MATURE, getting angry over a silly forum topic will not make you a better magician. Or person.

This thread should get locked. There is no point to it.

And you already got your answer, have a good day.

Jan 17, 2010
I don't see the point of this thread.

You should take your own advice friend. MATURE, getting angry over a silly forum topic will not make you a better magician. Or person.

This thread should get locked. There is no point to it.

And you already got your answer, have a good day.

I agree. And I'm in no way angry. If you can tell the tone of my voice via typed words let me know, would make a great effect.

Sep 1, 2007
I agree. And I'm in no way angry. If you can tell the tone of my voice via typed words let me know, would make a great effect.

Apparently you think you can do that because you imagine me to be some rabid colossus of fury.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Apparently you think you can do that because you imagine me to be some rabid colossus of fury.

The image of a giant Steerpike raging through Tokyo, spittle foaming from your mouth as you fling giant metal cards that explode on impact is a very amusing start to my day. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results