Submit trick to theory11?

Just had one weird thought in my mind, Ellusionist offers to market a person's trick (Even if that guy is an amateur Like cory king)and it does.

On the other hand theory 11 is for professional artists only so it is really out of possibilty that one's trick may get approved. any thoughts? I will be thankful for em. you may also PM me.

not that what im pointing at bro. i wanna say that Theory 11 is not the place for new magicians to sell there stuff. almost all of it's artists are well recognised. now how can some new artist (Like Geriant Clarke) put his magic here. Probably t11 guys will scoff at it. Paper crane and E has wider opportunities: they even buy rights for your self produced work.

Sep 3, 2007
not that what im pointing at bro. i wanna say that Theory 11 is not the place for new magicians to sell there stuff. almost all of it's artists are well recognised. now how can some new artist (Like Geriant Clarke) put his magic here. Probably t11 guys will scoff at it. Paper crane and E has wider opportunities: they even buy rights for your self produced work.

That is why we magicians don't show it to everyone the first chance we get.

Peace.

Feb 5, 2010
@ GriffinJay If you have a good original trick and you've been working on it for a while and perfected it then submit it. it wont hurt if you do. and you never know your trick could be sold on here.

Or do it on E or Papercrane.

I just submitted my effect to E a few hours ago. so im just waiting on if they like it or not.

May 3, 2008

I gotcha. I was just pointing it out. ;)
Your point may not necessarily be true. Perhaps most of the trick submissions that they get are just crap or not up to the standards of what they would want. Alex Pandrea and Tony Chang were relatively unknown within the magic community aside from those in NYC and those who were familiar with their material and they had here 1on1s produced. I wouldn't say that t11 doesn't give as many oppurtunities; they just want to the best. I find a lot of E and Papercrane's stuff to be... disappointing.

May 3, 2008
I can see where you are going in saying that. But sadly the same can be said about T11 too. ive seen a few effects on here that was disappointing to me.
I agree with that as well. TnR, Dangerous and Riot imo absolutely suck.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
On the other hand theory 11 is for professional artists only so it is really out of possibilty that one's trick may get approved.
We've released products from a number of artists who were not yet well known within the magic community (at least, at large). Mike Hankins, Tony Chang, Dan Hauss, and most recently Alex Pandrea all come to mind.

In addition, we have many products planned with artists who a large portion of magicians may not yet be familiar with (more details to come). We look at each and every trick submission we receive, regardless of age or name popularity.

Hope this clears things up! :)

We've released products from a number of artists who were not yet well known within the magic community (at least, at large). Mike Hankins, Tony Chang, Dan Hauss, and most recently Alex Pandrea all come to mind.

In addition, we have many products planned with artists who a large portion of magicians may not yet be familiar with (more details to come). We look at each and every trick submission we receive, regardless of age or name popularity.

Hope this clears things up! :)

Exactly, when you submit something no one has anyway of knowing your skill level, any past magic affiliation, so I would assume that they are all judged on the same level (if I am not correct)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York

True story about Alex...
I first saw him at a local magic convention last year; Long Island Magic Arts Convention. I didn't know who he was though.
A few weeks after the convention, I saw a thread on t11 that mentioned lefty decks were sold at his site, which are an awesome idea and I still need to pick up one.
At his site(I didn't know it was his yet) I watched his trailer for AM/PM and was like, whoa! I've seen that guy before!

I pm'd him on T11 and asked if he was at the convention because I wasn't 100% sure if it was him, but I was almost positive.
Anxious for him to message me back to talk magic and possibly a meet up in the city or whatever, he didn't get back to me until about 5 months later.
lol, by then I was just like whatever.
And now I see a 1on1 by him.

Small world.
I wonder if he'll be there this year...
http://www.magicartsconvention.com/index.htm

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results