Beginner DVD

Feb 5, 2010
Go to the home page and go where it says Beginners. Look to the side and it gives you a few different dvds that are most popular and from there watch the trailers and see what one you like the most.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
If your just starting out, you should probably not get the things here yet. You can, but I think it would be better to get the most for your money and get something like Royal Road to Card Magic (if your into card magic) Bobo's (if you into coin magic) or Mark Wilson's (if you want to experience lots of stuff).

Joshua Jay's book "Magic" is pretty good to. I would recommend looking into it. Plus Joshua Jay just rocks :D.

Jul 14, 2008
If you are a begineer and interested in card magic, then I think you should check out Oz Pearlman dvd called Born to Perform

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
For a beginner? I don't think so. That's just going to confuse the crap out of him.

I second the Royal Road suggestion. But to answer the OP's direct question I'd purchase either Genesis, Foundations, or Symphony.

Those should get you going for a bit.

Foundations?? Really? that almost seems worse than the 13 steps recommendation. the double lift isnt in there! which would be the only beginner move i could think of. but genesis seems like a good foundation in cardistry. (haha get it "foundation"!)

but i do third the royal road suggestion.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=573

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=0486408434

you can find it in most big book stores. barnes and noble has it. borders^

Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
For a beginner? I don't think so. That's just going to confuse the crap out of him.

I second the Royal Road suggestion. But to answer the OP's direct question I'd purchase either Genesis, Foundations, or Symphony.

Those should get you going for a bit.

NOPE foundation is not a good starting point... if you into card magic check out born to perform, if your into cardistry get GENESIS, other request for learning card magic card collages, royal road. coin magic jay noblezadas in the beggining there were coins, bobo's (book) and for out of the bloom stuff symphony, five, on the spot... you can find them all at penguin good luck.

NOPE foundation is not a good starting point... if you into card magic check out born to perform, if your into cardistry get GENESIS, other request for learning card magic card collages, royal road. coin magic jay noblezadas in the beggining there were coins, bobo's (book) and for out of the bloom stuff symphony, five, on the spot... you can find them all at penguin good luck.

I know its not the best choice, but he asked what of T11 videos. Otherwise i'd pointed him at Royal Road or E's street magic vid.

Apr 1, 2009
California
Genesis is a great start for learning the essentials in how to truly handle a deck of cards like a pro.

Pressure, a beginner can learn. But to really really sell the effect, you need more than a beginners presentation skills.

I am of the belief that there is no such thing as an EASY trick. because the easier they are, sometimes the more advanced presentation you need. and vice versa. There's no chocolate covered path in magic. Get some of the recommended books.

You don't have to go to Theory11 alone for your magic buying needs. Be smart about where you begin. Get some books. Houchin's Art Of Magic is a good beginner buy. You get a lot of advice on beginning magic, and more. Plus there's some great tricks in there to use that aren't "too" difficult. E, like Draven said, has some good sources for starting out. I'm not downing Theory's material. It's some of the best I've seen to date. but it deserves the initial beginning education in magic to do it justice. You could get some 1-on-1's if you wish. look around, there's some fun stuff there to get you started. Just some ideas, not a firm presentation of where to start.

also, there's a book list a few threads up. stickied. begin buying them all.

Sep 1, 2007
Between Royal Road, Crash Course 1, and Easy to Master Card Miracles vol 1, you'll be good to go for the better part of a year at least. Add in a copy of Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic and you'll have more material than you thought a human brain could contain.

Feb 13, 2009
Michael Ammars Intorduction to coin magic and his Easy to Learn Card Magic 1-3. Also Daryl's Encylopedia of card magic 6, 8, 9. Also would recomend a book to cover wide range of magic. Sachs Sleight of Hand is a good one. You can get a dover edition for like 15 bucks. Sach's book has material in it from buncha different classic books of magic, like stuff from Greater magic, and quotes and contributions from many classic performers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results