Made Me Think...

Fantastic, I have aslo been fooled by a magician friend of mine who would be performing a trick (needless to say while I was looking for the method) he would fool slights and I would assume where a card was or if it was a false shuffle or not. Then he would present the ending compleatly differently than I thought he would. Little eye opener

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
mmm...So sometimes when I am in a gig or a party people actually ask me if they can show me a trick...this could be a simple card trick or a coin trick...I usually don´t get fooled, simply because there are some sleights that are really obvious, specially of a begginer is doing them...

but I was in class the other day and nobody there knows that I am a magician, and then this guy took out a cigarrete and did the simple switch were he put the cigarrete in his hand but appear in the other hand...very simple...but It completely fooled me!! I didn´t know that trick and I couldn´t see when he passed it to the other hand!!!

I BEG HIM TO TEACH ME THAT TRICK!!!! it turns out he already knew who I was and wanted me to teach him something, but he told me he wanted to show me that he was somehow serious about magic, that he was determined to practice and perform

so of course I taught him some tricks...

a little story...somehow related to this

Jul 13, 2009
I like this alot

I am favoriting it on youtube

thanx for sharing :)

If you liked that video I completely suggest you purchase the DVD Magic and Mystery tour. It is three well made documentaries of magic in different areas of the world. Egypt, China, and India each one is eye opening and has little nuggets of diamonds among all the gold and knowledge in these videos. Highly suggest you go to your local bookstore or Amazon and pick up a copy.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Makes me proud to be middle eastern :D

I enjoy being fooled because it takes me back to the state of a laymen and if the effect is good, I may hit a state of mind of pure wonder.
When I ever perform for other magicians, feel to be unnatural in places like, do an unnatural double lift that is actually a single. Because the magician spectator just likes to take it as a test of his sleight seeing abilities. My attitude changes when for example showing a fellow magician something to when showing a spectator something. Cups and balls is like an Ambitious card routine but to general magic, you can do so much with it, the plot is not original but how you sequence the plot is what makes it original.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
That was great, you can use the same concept to handle a heckler, no?
Hmm I would not recommend it, because well the common layman heckler has no idea of magic so you would just make your self look more suspicious and unnatural (you wanna be natural) resulting in more heckling.....do you want that?

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I love it. Gives a whole new meaning to 'magician fooler.'

But what I really love is the way Teller reacts. Watch him. You can see the moment when he realizes what's going on and that he's been had. Then the way he laughs, slaps the table .. that's a completely pure reaction of amazement and entertainment.

Love it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results