Need Help - Flip Mino

Jun 1, 2009
Hey guys, I know this is going to be a bit off topic, but here me out.
I have a flip mino camera and I love it, but I can't get the videos to import into Windows Movie Maker. I was able to do it once for mine and joker's mall adventure by somehow saving the videos differently on my computer, but I've forgotten how I did it.
I have already called customer support and found out that my type of camera doesn't have the built in converter, and I don't want to download a convertor from online because 1. I can't afford one and the demos either don't work or have a watermark on them, and 2. I know I did it before without one, I just need some help.

If anyone who has had experience with this PM me and help me out, it would be very much appreciated. I'm sorry its off topic of magic but I really need this to make better videos. :D
Thanks in advance!

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Ya dude, I had to buy a different camera, it was a good decision on my part. My new camera was way better. Sorry, I am totally not helping your situation any lol

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Just convert the files using Super or something, or get a better video editor! WMM sucks hard. For Windows, Sony Vegas is great. I use FCP on my Mac, but it's mac only. Seriously, WMM sucks man. :D

Jun 1, 2009
Ya dude, I had to buy a different camera, it was a good decision on my part. My new camera was way better. Sorry, I am totally not helping your situation any lol
Haha its fine, if only I had money to buy a new one :/

Just convert the files using Super or something, or get a better video editor! WMM sucks hard. For Windows, Sony Vegas is great. I use FCP on my Mac, but it's mac only. Seriously, WMM sucks man. :D

What's Super?
How do I get Sony Vegas? Download it off a site somewhere?

Jun 1, 2009
I have the Kodak zi8 and I use youtube downloader. It's free from here : http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
It's simple and works decent for converting files.
(safe to download too)

I don't need to download stuff from youtube (not at this moment at least). I just need to know how to get my avi files into Windows Movie Maker, I have done it before by saving them in my computer, but apparantly I did something extra because its not working now. Anyone with first hand experience of doing it like this would be nice.

Thanks for all the other advice though guys, I really appreciate it.

Jul 26, 2008
I just loaded an avi video into WMM, and played it with no problem on my Windows vista Home basic PC. I don't know what OS your on, and that may make some sort of a difference.

However I did come to realize that I can't edit the avi video In WMM Even though it plays. If that's your problem, then just load the video in WMM then export it as WMV before you start editing.

I Also remember briefly having a problem like this in the past, and downloading Divx Solved the problem. I didn't even use the converter, just having some of the codex's that come with the download did the trick, and I think they may play into WMM working as far as it does for me.

I hope I was of some sort of help, and I know you don't really want to download anything, but divx is free, and is never a bad thing to have. It's solved more than one problem for me.

Jun 1, 2009
I just loaded an avi video into WMM, and played it with no problem on my Windows vista Home basic PC. I don't know what OS your on, and that may make some sort of a difference.

However I did come to realize that I can't edit the avi video In WMM Even though it plays. If that's your problem, then just load the video in WMM then export it as WMV before you start editing.

I Also remember briefly having a problem like this in the past, and downloading Divx Solved the problem. I didn't even use the converter, just having some of the codex's that come with the download did the trick, and I think they may play into WMM working as far as it does for me.

I hope I was of some sort of help, and I know you don't really want to download anything, but divx is free, and is never a bad thing to have. It's solved more than one problem for me.

I have Widows Vista home as well.
When I import videos in avi format, i don't get any video and only a fraction of audio (a minute video will play for like 4 seconds). I also can't edit it like you said.
Ok, I'll look into that link, thanks man. I appreciate it.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Hey dude, I found a movie editor at Target for 20 bucks, and it works great. It's called Family Movie Creator.

It takes any format, and is actually quite nice.

Just thought I would share that

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have heard a lot of pros and cons on each of the Kodak versions and the Flip's.
Neither one is completely flawless yet. That is why I am waiting another year or so when they get all the kinks out.

For now you can get some sweet HD hand held cams for about $200. I know you said you don't have the money though.

I guess you will have to find a converter somehow.

Jun 1, 2009
Hey dude, I found a movie editor at Target for 20 bucks, and it works great. It's called Family Movie Creator.

It takes any format, and is actually quite nice.

Just thought I would share that
Awesome, thanks man, I'll look into that.

I am waiting another year or so when they get all the kinks out.
I wanted a camera pretty badly, and this was really the only one around my famillies price range (got it for christmas). I'll most likely get a new camera once better ones come out and I have money to invest.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
My editing software of choice is Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD 9.0. However, it will only read non-AVI files, so I run my raw AVI files through Movie Maker and save them as a readable format, I forget which one. Also, you might want to change your setup. Vegas MSHD9 can be buggy with saving and uploading, but it's exponentially better than WMM. Movie Maker and Vista both suck so you might want to change. I run XP and it's way smoother.

To convert your files to WMV, you might want to find an online conversion site. One that looks good is http://media-convert.com/. Haven't tried it yet though.

If you're looking for a new camera, try the Creative Vado HD. Inexpensive, wonderful, and just great overall. Hope I've helped.

Ian

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
I don't need to download stuff from youtube (not at this moment at least). I just need to know how to get my avi files into Windows Movie Maker, I have done it before by saving them in my computer, but apparantly I did something extra because its not working now. Anyone with first hand experience of doing it like this would be nice.

Thanks for all the other advice though guys, I really appreciate it.

I know. But youtubuedownloader ALSO has a file converter on it. You can change your filed form .avi to .wmv (or .mp3 etc).

This is pretty much all I use it for. Download it, check it out and see if it is what you are looking for. I'm sure it will do the trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results