Spread Pass - Feedback needed

watched it. now if you are doing the pass with the card faceup, you can keep it that way.
if its facedown and you are doing it as a control, make it less magical looking. the timing for the pass should be like you put it together then square it. you have a break of time right before you do the pass. Also dont wave your hand over it like you are doing magic. wave your hand and square the deck.
but if you want to keep it the way it is. then it looks fine. just if you are using it as a control you need to cut out that milliseconds of wait time and the hand waving motion.

Jul 14, 2008
First of all, smooth performance of the spread pass. I feel that your right hand should use it as a cover, for example, when you use your right hand to cover up, it seems that you are forcing it. Just relax your right hand and square the deck up.

Dec 21, 2009
Commented on youtube, but for when the card is facedown, you want to make the cleanup look natural. you make it look magical. usually, you probably don't want to make it magical.

Jun 1, 2009
watched it. now if you are doing the pass with the card faceup, you can keep it that way.
if its facedown and you are doing it as a control, make it less magical looking. the timing for the pass should be like you put it together then square it. you have a break of time right before you do the pass. Also dont wave your hand over it like you are doing magic. wave your hand and square the deck.
but if you want to keep it the way it is. then it looks fine. just if you are using it as a control you need to cut out that milliseconds of wait time and the hand waving motion.

Bascially this is what I was going to say. :p

Jacob

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX

I save my fingers for typing and go with him. Great spread pass with a couple of more motnhs it should look even better.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Very nice! The spread pass is my favorite control as well and one of my favorite moves. I can tell you that for a face up pass, that was brilliant. But for a secretive control, not so good. Try to make it more casual looking. Keep loose and don't be afraid of flashing.

One more thing, try to keep your fingers a little more open. For a face up pass, then that's fine. But when your doing it face down, try to keep you fingers a little more open. Don't worry about flashing, cause I can guarantee you (I've used it in front of people quite a bit) people won't be looking in between your fingers right then. They won't see a thing. Just be loose and casual about it, and yet not sloppy.

You have a great spread pass, just some thoughts you might want to consider. Again, for a face up pass, it's "perfect" (no such thing as perfection, but yours is pretty dang good), but if you want if for more than that, you just need a little more work.

Jul 13, 2009
The only problem I had with that spread pass is that it looked very mechanical and not very smooth or flowed. The fact that the movement are split into two different times is probably the reason.

One tip I am going to suggest is when you practice go through the motions like you normaly and do not do the pass, then repeat the process but this time do the pass but try to make it look like how you would normaly close the spread.

Very nice! The spread pass is my favorite control as well and one of my favorite moves. I can tell you that for a face up pass, that was brilliant. But for a secretive control, not so good. Try to make it more casual looking. Keep loose and don't be afraid of flashing.

One more thing, try to keep your fingers a little more open. For a face up pass, then that's fine. But when your doing it face down, try to keep you fingers a little more open. Don't worry about flashing, cause I can guarantee you (I've used it in front of people quite a bit) people won't be looking in between your fingers right then. They won't see a thing. Just be loose and casual about it, and yet not sloppy.

You have a great spread pass, just some thoughts you might want to consider. Again, for a face up pass, it's "perfect" (no such thing as perfection, but yours is pretty dang good), but if you want if for more than that, you just need a little more work.

I agree with this, It was a good performance but it looks too suspicous, with more time it will become more natural looking.

P.S: I hate to be the one to do this but you have spelt Practicing wrong, Practising=practicing, Other than that good job

I thought it was great. I don't have it down yet, so it looks good to me anyway. From the eyes of a spectator, I wouldn't have suspected anything. As always in magic, there is room for improvement, so the advice given here is of course good advice, but looks good all the same.

Hate Owl City though. Just sayin' :D

Mar 13, 2010

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Looks pretty good. I don't know the specific mechanics of the spread pass, but is it possible to do it without closing your hands so much? That's the only point I see that makes it look like you're doing 'something.'

Oct 11, 2007
lapaul

The view u r trying to use should be more hands to eyes,instead off a top view.Then everything is smooth untill the end when u make a move out of it!((Magic with no moves)U don't need that cover of the right hand to pull this off.Make it look as if u squared the pack in 1 smooth motion,and there card is still some where in the deck.Then I top palm hand them the deck with same hand and let them shuffle.U take it from there.I watched Del Ray do this 4 5 hours at a gig once,what I learned in those 5 hours was awesome!!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results