Brick of Jerry's with a Hefty Price Tag

Sep 2, 2007
Hey guys, I just saw something you might be interested in. Lee Asher is offering a raffle of sorts over at his website. It says he will be selling 1 factory sealed brick of authentic jerry's nugget playing cards. He wants $4275 for the cards. If your interested you have to e-mail him to get entered into a raffle and only if you are picked will you be eligible to pay for these cards. Now don't get me wrong, Lee is one of my favorite magicians, and i have talked to him a few times via e-mail, but $4275 is an insane asking price. That's about $356 a deck!At ebay, on average, a Jerry's Nugget deck goes from $150-$200 a deck. I realize that you are taking a risk on ebay but still. On his site, It seems lee makes the focal point of this brick to be that it is "factory sealed brick". That may increase to value but doesn't constitute for $3000. I refer of course here:

http://www.jerrysnuggetplayingcards.com/articles/jerrys-nuggets-sell-out.html

to the brick that was sold on ebay a while ago for $1526. Like I said, nothing against lee, i am just curious for the steep price. Full info can be found here:

http://www.leeasher.com/jerrys_nugget_brick_lotto_march_2010.html

Your thoughts?

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
Lee is out of his effin' mind! What an A-Hole! Anyone that buys these cards has to really take a good look at themselves. They are just playing cards people!!! Don't get caught up in this hype!

Sep 27, 2009
Are you a true cardman yet? I guess not.....

Actually, I would say that you are not a real "cart man", because a real magician realises that any deck of bikes will do for magic, only collectors and nubcakes get Jerries anymore cause they are just so expensive. And you, are not a collector.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
wow that is alot of money for cards. Unless your a collector, buy yourself some Tallys and be happy. Spectators do not know the difference, and In my opinion jerrys do not even look that great.

Jerry's nuggets don't look so good. they are like UNO cards and do not shuffle properly. fakes are better at shuffling, checkout jack webster's flourishing videos, he uses fakes and it looks awesome.:cool:

I already own a deck of fakes, once the law agencies ban the sale of fake jerry's, my deck will be an antique ;-)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results