Daniel Madison's Advocate

hello everyone

does anyone have d+ms's Advocate? can someone tell me if they got good reactions on the effect? do you recommend it?

thanks.

Ps the description of the trick is really to good to be true i havent seen any perfromance of the trick.

again thank you for your help..

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
The Advocate is not a trick, it is a tool. It allows you to perform miracles with no setup. The Advocate allows you to produce any card with only a moment of notice. What you do with it from there is your call.

The Advocate is amazing. I love it. Very clever. You can perform many impromptu tricks when you have the advocate ready. How about an invisible deck, impromptu, with a normal deck? A named card to pocket? There are many different effects possible. I use it, and love it. Highly recommended.

Get it. It will up your game if you use it right.

L

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The Advocate is a great tool when given the proper amount of practice. If you think you are just going to run out and start blowing minds within minutes of receiving the book / download...you are mistaken.

I own it but have not used it very much. Some people will love it and others will be greatly disappointed if they have pipe dreams. I was intrigued by the method but am not "confident" yet with myself.

is it hard? cause when is heard its a "tool" i was thinking its a gimmick cause i don't like gimmicks but if it requires amount of practice and your not confident about performing the effect it means that it needs hardwork to be perfect and able to look like a real miracle, i ready for the practice.

ohh and i hope you'll be more confident about yourself. im gonna get it tommorow friday so im able to practice straight from friday night till sunday.

thanks for giving time to post and answer my question..

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I wouldn't say it is difficult to use if you are confident and put in the time to rehearse it. The applications are endless. I am not just a card guy like many people on here. I dabble in a little bit of everything, kids magic, balloons, close up for adults, etc. That being said I just haven't worked on it enough.

I cannot really give you more info for exposure purposes which I'm sure you understand.

Let me know what you think once you receive it. Shoot me a PM when you have time. Have fun and enjoy.

Jan 16, 2008
1ismorethanenough,

Do you plan on practicing from Friday till Sunday, then going out to perform? I wouldn't recommend you to do that. You will need to practice the sleights AND audience management.
Just expect more than 3 days to practice.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
It is a "gimmick" in that it is something extra, beyond your deck of cards. It is not a gimmick, however, in that it has nothing to do with the deck in your hand. There is nothing to find in the deck, absolutely nothing. It is far different than most every tool or gimmick you have ever used more likely than not.

I have my advocate in my pocket right now, this thread brought me back to it and the miracles that can be preformed with it. I'll be carrying it around a lot again. Well worth the purchase.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
You should get it. It performs mircales and the possiabilty are endless. Its a gimmick, but you would have everything you need to make the gimmick. I promise you.

1ismorethanenough,

Do you plan on practicing from Friday till Sunday, then going out to perform? I wouldn't recommend you to do that. You will need to practice the sleights AND audience management.
Just expect more than 3 days to practice.

nope im actually want to practice untill i think its perfect and my "magician" friends think its perfect. i got delayed getting this i was planning to get it this afternoon and my gf called me and everything yeah just got home iwant to get it but im still think to get the advocate or the inside which is "the advocate" is included..

so guys what do you think get inside or advocate maybe a sleep would help me decide. inside is a good buy, i dont wanna buy advocate then next buy inside... let me know what you thing.:D

thank you everyone.

If you have the money, you should most definitely buy Inside. Along with the Advocate (which, as one who performs almost exclusively with cards, is my favorite utility), it has mass of great ideas, effects, and concepts that will keep you busy for a long time. It contains mostly all of Daniel's effects for less than 1/4 of the price.

It may sound like I'm advertising the book a bit, but I can say with complete confidence that it is my best investment in magic. I didn't own any of his effects beforehand, so I've been freaking out with each new effect.

You should have a decent amount of sleight of hand experience as there are some "moves" required, and many of the effects require gimmicks, though these are simple to make and you will almost definitely have everything you need to make any. Also, at the beginning of the book, he teaches 3 critical sleights that most all of his effects depend on, and depending on your experience, you may already know (they are relatively basic).

All in all, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 5, 2010
i hear this is a great tool.
i also hear that you will have everything you need to make it at your house. the reason i havent got it yet is because knowimg my luck i wont have what i need to make it.
my question is are you sure i would have everything at my house to make it?

Jun 1, 2009
An absolute beginner in magic has the materials needed. Trust what they say, if you do magic, you have the right stuff to make it.

Jacob

Oct 1, 2008
Northwest Indiana
That's an easy answer homie. Get Inside... the amount of effects you get, plus ideas like Advocate are totally worth the price. You won't be disappointed. It's, for all intents and purposes, a compilation of goodies from the mind of D+M. Can't go wrong there :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results