Saturday Night Contest - Maximum Exposure

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
It's a problem that affects all of us. Exposure in magic is a growing concern to the community, and an ever present concern to our crew and artists. Countless tutorials are posted on video sharing sites across the web, directly affecting the livelihood of creators and performers. Tonight, we attempt to make a difference. By exposing as much as we possibly can.

Inspired by a video from RobAnderson posted earlier this week, your goal tonight is to create a FAKE magic tutorial in the same fashion as his Harbor Change Revealed video. The instructional video can be for any theory11 effect - with the obvious catch being that the method behind the trick or move must be completely bogus. The video can be scripted as if it were a serious training video, or blatantly off the wall hilarious; the choice is yours.

The idea sounds comical, but it can actually make a difference. In the music and movie industry, artists and filmmakers fought back against piracy by posting fake versions of songs and movies online. The songs were filled with static, and the movies were 2 riveting hours of an all black screen. By inundating the net with these fake files, they made it harder for people seeking pirated copies to find the real deal. Tonight, we're extending that same idea to magic.

All entries should be uploaded to YouTube - where exposure is most prevalent. Name your YouTube video something like "Harbor Change Revealed" or "PRESSURE by Daniel Garcia Exposed!". Make it look like the real deal. Post a link to your video as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST, for judging. We're looking for creativity - the video that stands out the most will take home the prize.

Tonight's winner will receive a deck of White Centurions signed by Chris Kenner, Daniel Garcia, Marcus Eddie, and myself. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with! Now let's start revealing...
_

Attachments

• t11-SNCprize031310-3.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 325
  • t11-SNCprize031310-2.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 274
  • t11-SNCprize031310-1.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 246

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Some images of tonight's prize...

Attachments

• t11-SNCprize031310-3.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 180
  • t11-SNCprize031310-2.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 163
  • t11-SNCprize031310-1.jpg
    t11-SNCprize031310-1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 151
Dec 18, 2009
I've made mine as boring and annoying as possible. It should finish processing soon. Will post a link when ready.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Can it be one of the things off the 'Trilogy' that are sold here in the 1on1 section? Or does it have to be an original Theory11 release?

- Jenai

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Can it be one of the things off the 'Trilogy' that are sold here in the 1on1 section? Or does it have to be an original Theory11 release?

- Jenai

Literally any effect, sleight, or move that appears on this site is fair game. From the Harbor Change to LINX to Cookie Cutter to El Cambio Nada to Pressure to the contents of Symphony, Trilogy, FIVE, or Foundations. Your pick. Have fun with it!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Can it be a release outside of T11?

Ian

For this contest specifically, we're calling for videos related to releases on theory11. Which isn't terribly limiting, as there's over 110 releases in the 1-on-1 section in addition to DVD's (some of which, like FIVE, have multiple effects within).

Jul 15, 2009
Hi J. Bayme,

Is this contest only limited to US Members?Or can foreign members join too?I want to join but I want to make sure if this contest is open to distant countries like the Philippines.I'm a Filipino living in the Philippines, can I join?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hi J. Bayme,

Is this contest only limited to US Members?Or can foreign members join too?I want to join but I want to make sure if this contest is open to distant countries like the Philippines.I'm a Filipino living in the Philippines, can I join?

Yessir - absolutely. Anyone can enter. The signed deck will be shipped on the house anywhere in the world to whoever wins.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Got a video, trying to upload it. Internet is being very spotty tonight for some reason.

I'm sure there's going to be some crazy competition tonight, good luck to everyone!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results