Top-card Cover Pass

Sep 1, 2007
UK
A friend of mine showed me Mystery Mark's cover pass video (the guy who is masterful at video editing but a bit of a fraud when it comes to most of his sleight of hand videos). Before I noticed it was a Mystery Mark video, I was trying to work out how he was doing it, and this video was my attempt at doing his cover pass, before I noticed all the problems with his video, then discovered who the author was :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTrTyzOWKc&fmt=18

Joe

Jul 13, 2008
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet. I liked it. I thought the video quality was a little bad, but other than that, great! You do it very very well.

Nov 23, 2008
Very nicely done mate. I would advise you to get a break differently though, there is no need for the initial in-jogging of the top card, no motivation.

The TCCP doesn't really need a break under the top card anyway. Your right index finger can contact the upper left corner of the pack, side-jogging the top card. But, it's obviously up to you, that was just a tip I found useful when I was practising it.

Well done though, you have mechanics down pretty well. I like the way you shifted your body for misdirection. Not too obvious, yet not an uncomfortable or nervous thing, just natural.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Very nicely done mate. I would advise you to get a break differently though, there is no need for the initial in-jogging of the top card, no motivation.

The TCCP doesn't really need a break under the top card anyway. Your right index finger can contact the upper left corner of the pack, side-jogging the top card. But, it's obviously up to you, that was just a tip I found useful when I was practising it.

Well done though, you have mechanics down pretty well. I like the way you shifted your body for misdirection. Not too obvious, yet not an uncomfortable or nervous thing, just natural.

Thanks. I just want to point out quickly that this is not how I normally do the cover pass. The method of getting a break was an attempt at copying Mystery Mark's video (which you can find by searching youtube). My ACTUAL cover pass is the standard method that you described, however, it was interesting to use the break as I thought Mystery Mark did, as I found it could make the shift itself slightly faster.

I felt my body motion in this video was a bit awkward personally, but I put that down to being sat on a wheely chair. :p It comes from habit as I always make the pass in some kind of natural motion in performance, which varies depending on the routine.

Joe

Nov 23, 2008
Thanks. I just want to point out quickly that this is not how I normally do the cover pass. The method of getting a break was an attempt at copying Mystery Mark's video (which you can find by searching youtube). My ACTUAL cover pass is the standard method that you described, however, it was interesting to use the break as I thought Mystery Mark did, as I found it could make the shift itself slightly faster.

I felt my body motion in this video was a bit awkward personally, but I put that down to being sat on a wheely chair. :p It comes from habit as I always make the pass in some kind of natural motion in performance, which varies depending on the routine.

Joe

Ahh I understand. I always find it awkward watching myself back on video aswell!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results