Drastic Bicycle changes.

Jan 17, 2010
I'm performing today and went to Target yesterday and bought two standard, red backed decks. The feel is slightly different, the court cards have lighter inks, and every single card has smaller fonts from the number to the suit.

I don't have time to upload photos @ the moment, however will try to later.

If anyone else has noticed this, please feel free to share. To my understanding this is huge because it will affect gimmicks, etc.

M.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Im not sure if I can help you out on this one, but I do know that the new head of the USPCC is changing the Bicycle decks, starting with the new box design which I hate. But you might want to buy another deck from somewhere else and see if this is the case as well.

Cheers,

Casey Rudd

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new box design either. However, I really haven't noticed any changes in the actual printing of the cards.

May 18, 2008
I can't stand it... the new inks... new box... the stock SUCKS... edges feel like sandpaper!

That is why I went and snapped up a brick of the old ones! Not opening these babies!

Nov 11, 2009
hmmmm, I was wondering why the last deck I opened felt like sandpaper.

Can someone post up a pic of the New v. Old box? I don't know what the new looks like.

All the best,
-Chase

here ya go

...........old..........................new...........

Attachments

• !BigjjLg!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEsnMU-pu8BLPVn0KNVg~~_35.jpg
    !BigjjLg!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkIEsnMU-pu8BLPVn0KNVg~~_35.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 70
  • New-Bicycle-Box_thumb.jpg
    New-Bicycle-Box_thumb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i have a deck of both, and i really didnt notice any big differences.. i somewhat remember the edges being rough at first, but they got over it. the new bikes last longer i fell.

RE: Drastic Bicycle Chages

Mate i know exactly what you are talking about

Its not just ink and the pip size its the STOCK!!!! as well

I live in Australia and in Australia u cannot buy Bicycle cards from just anywhere (like in America and Europe). If i want a pack of bikes i need to go down to my local magic store
(and when i say local i mean like 40 minute drive away)

And not only that but in australia a pack of bikes usually goes for about $8.00 a pack :O

So to save money i ordered 50 packs of cards from theory 11 (when the exchange rate was really good) for 50 decks i spent close to $230 (that includes the $50 postage and handaling)

and out of that 50, 12 were red bikes and 12 were blue bikes
(the rest were 6 red and 6 blue tally-hos circle back, 8 smokes, 6 centurions)

NOW HERES THE INTERESTING PART

the blue bicycles were the old pre-125 anniversary, and the reds were the new after 125 year anniversary decks

and here is what i noticed

1: the case was different (no duh)
2: ink was lighter (didnt mind)
3: STOCK WAS DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!! (HOLY ****)

the new bikes in my opinion have a much worse stock

i prefer my blue bikes simply because the have the old stock. It's a better stock and they last me anywhere up to a month longer then my red bikes

Thanks god they kept the finish the same otherwise i would have been pissed

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
ok guys i just took a new pack and an old pack and SPREAD them side by side. i saw no ink differences, so i picked up both jack of clubs. no ink differences. so i felt both jack of clubs. i didnt notice any problems. the only major difference i saw was the box.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I haven't noticed a difference in stock, but the back colors of the red decks are distinctly different shades.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results