I got bored, and made this.

May 4, 2008
I ll be honest. The video is nothing special.
Flourish, some well done D&D stuff and cool flourish - like the card vanish, except the cheap cam trick vanish :). And music didn't match, bmx stuff didn't make sense there.
Doing that one hand cut alone, and the rub away vanish in the chair was kinda lame :)
The End was cool, very original and well done.

It's training if you're boring, you ll get better with the time

Mar 8, 2010
Yea, It wasn't made to be ground breaking. I never intended on sharing it :p But yea, I was just testing things out to see what comes out on a video good, and what doesn't.

Although, you'll have to explain the 'the cheap cam trick vanish'. What part of the video was this? :s

And yea, they probably appear lame to magicians. But people who don't know the tricks - they always ask how it's done. The rub away vanish for example...

Cheers.

EDIT - ohhh, the back palm one? haha, it tricks non-magicians :)

Mar 8, 2010

Sadly I'm from the UK, and have never gone to Hong Kong. My brother got it for me when he travelled to Asia.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
At least you took a chance and let every one see. The only thing I have to fear is rejection that what I do is not good enough. So I praise you for showing us...weather it was good or not. For first one I say keep up the good work and NEVER let any one talk you out of something just because THEY don't like it.

Wish I could take my own advice...may be some day...may be!

Mar 8, 2010
At least you took a chance and let every one see. The only thing I have to fear is rejection that what I do is not good enough. So I praise you for showing us...weather it was good or not. For first one I say keep up the good work and NEVER let any one talk you out of something just because THEY don't like it.

Wish I could take my own advice...may be some day...may be!

Yea, I totally agree. Putting a video such as mine on a site full of experienced flourisher's is a double edged sword. I'll get slated, but I'll also get people telling me that what I do is a good start; which I'm really grateful for.

I guess both of the responses cancel themselves out, I'll just have to keep practising - and then maybe one day I'll catch up.

On the other hand though, I made the video to entertain me. I didn't focus on pulling every flourish perfect - so I know the video isn't a great representation of what I can do at my best.

Cheers.
Rob.

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
Yea, I totally agree. Putting a video such as mine on a site full of experienced flourisher's is a double edged sword. I'll get slated, but I'll also get people telling me that what I do is a good start; which I'm really grateful for.

I guess both of the responses cancel themselves out, I'll just have to keep practising - and then maybe one day I'll catch up.

On the other hand though, I made the video to entertain me. I didn't focus on pulling every flourish perfect - so I know the video isn't a great representation of what I can do at my best.

Cheers.
Rob.

The point I was trying to make is that you took "that chance". Keep up the good work. I by far am no pro at any level. In fact some times I'm to afraid to show any one any thing I can do. (Even though when I do and I get a good reaction, it makes me feel good to know some one out there likes what I do.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results