The Thing

Nov 7, 2009
Well you dont need to exactly listen to others for this...
Do you think it would be worth it for you?
Would you use it alot? Does it fit you?
You need to know that before buying it.

Jul 13, 2009
I think it is worth the money, could be used as an awesome alternative to the bubble zombie routine by Losander. But if cost is something that is a factor, you could look for the abbot dvd "magic for kids" or something like that, which I believe tells you how to construct your own.

Here are the pros and cons of doing that. Pros: Cut back on cost, some degree of customization. Cons: You build it, you miss out on having a pro. built prop, you have to find the necessary supplies.

Likenthrope

Banned
Jan 31, 2009
I was wondering if anyone uses this effect and if so if it is worth the $200 price tag?

Are you referring to Abbot's "The Thing"? Just looks like a gimmicked hanky and a plastic box. That's like paying $300 for Paul Harris' "Little Man" :). I got a feeling neither one is selling all that much at that price.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I have "The Thing". It is excellent if you put in the time and presentation it deserves. I did not pay $200 for it though. Somehow I bought it when it first came out and it was only running $130. It is the non platinum edition or something but it did come with the music cd, training dvd, clear box, gimmicked scarf and non gimmicked scarf.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results